The end of the year is approaching and with it, the opportunity to reflect on how our business has changed this year. The last 12 months has seen our organisation grow and evolve as we continue in our mission to make our brands matter to more people. Here are just some of our highlights from 2018:
- We welcomed Scottish cycling brand Endura to the Pentland family
- We started a new joint venture footwear partnership with Lacoste Chaussures
- We celebrated Speedo’s 90th anniversary, 28 years of which have been as part of the Pentland family
- We launched our new brand building academy – Brand Building the Pentland Way
- We unveiled ellesse’s My Style My Rules campaign with a huge out-of-home advertising initiative, and launched ellesse footwear in the US
- We announced Canterbury as the official sports apparel supplier of Rugby World Cup 2019 and Mitre’s three-year football supplier partnership with Football Association
- We appointed four new brand directors: Nicola Mathews (Fashion), Simon Breckon (ellesse), Charlotte Cox (Canterbury & Mitre) and Kevin McFadyen (Berghaus).
- We launched Berghaus’ biggest ever advertising campaign, ‘Time To Get Out’, with an installation at the London Design Biennale at Somerset House in London
- We established a footwear license partnership with international fashion retailer Karen Millen, with the first collection to launch in AW19
- We launched our new strategy for corporate responsibility, expanded our Diversity and Inclusion networks, and announced five new global charity partnerships working in support of five incredible causes
We create brands that matter, by people that matter, and we wouldn’t have achieved any of this without the hard work of our people and partners. 2018 has been an exciting year and we’re looking forward to everything that 2019 will bring.
For now, Season’s Greetings and Happy New Year!