Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
A pivotal role in moving the business forward and delivering the ambitious offline retail growth strategy that we envision - both from a distribution expansion perspective, as well as building and enhancing branded retail experience. This role will need to lead retail marketing team to support both direct own retail as well as quickly expanding franchised retail network with store openings, bespoke store designs and VM implementation, product training and retail marketing activations to drive ambitious commercial returns. Lastly, it will play an important role in building and solidifying the relationship with our trade partners.
What you need to have:
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Speedo Global Retail Strategy & Brand Retail Standards: Advocating and driving in China, whilst simultaneously using on-the-ground insight and feedback to challenge and evolve for China if appropriate
- China Retail Marketing Calendar: Developing and Activating on-time and on-budget, in collaboration with China partner and aligned to Speedo Global Retail Marketing Strategy, a robust program for own retail stores and franchisee stores that balances brand and commercial needs
- China Field Marketing Program: The Speedo lead in China, working effectively with the Speedo Global Retail Marketing team, China partner and on-the-ground field marketing teams to ensure the delivery of Speedo Brand Retail Standards, Retail Marketing Calendar and other programs
- Visual Merchandising (VM):
- ➢ Creating and activating bespoke VM plans for China/Asia range, key stores & strategic accounts
- ➢ Localizing and activating global brand campaign executions as well as designing and developing China specific campaigns (e.g. Chinese New Year, Women’s Day, Golden Week) including window displays, display points, product propositions, store layout etc.
- ➢ Creating VM plans & supporting set up at trade shows as well as any or near store events (e.g. Roadshow)
- Training & Coaching: Actively embedding understanding and delivery of Speedo Brand Retail Standards (product knowledge, visual merchandising and customer service) to franchisee network via planning and delivery of both classroom theory and in-store workshops and coaching
- Commercial: Support China market in delivering and exceeding forecast retail sales and growth
- Test & Learn: Leading and measuring in-store trials/pilots to validate new products, propositions, VM formats etc.
- Store Roll-Out and Upgrades: Support planning and activation in collaboration with franchisees including store planning and design, fixture and unitary orders and overseeing installation and merchandising
- Online-to-offline: Working with EC Team to explore ways in which Speedo can improve the consistency of experience between retail and e-commerce/digital channels
- Team Management: Oversee the Speedo China VM supervisor and Brand ambassador network to support delivery of retail marketing program
- Outside Agencies: Manage, if required, to ensure on time delivery within budget
What we need to see in you:
Experience / technical & interpersonal skillset
• Language skills: Fluent Mandarin and English
• Understanding and experience of the China retail environment
• Expertise, passion and previous experience of in-store visual merchandising and space planning
• Understanding of China shopper behavior & trip missions
• Experience in analyzing sales and commercial data
• Marketing principles understanding & experience
• Excellent people, networking & influencing skills with ability to work cross functionally
• Ability to articulate point of view with clarity and authority
• Previous experience and ability of staff training and coaching
• Highly motivated
• Good project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Fluent in English & Mandarin
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.