Job title: Global Shipping Planner
If you are looking for a career change, have the willingness to learn then we can give you the skills and knowledge to be successful in your new role.
To work within the Pentland Shipping team in a Post Brexit world, working closely with other members of the team to support the day to day operational processes and procedures of the business. The key areas of this role will be:
To process documentation for European and Irish Import and Export shipments, based on Post-Brexit customs requirements
To work closely with the operations team to manage workload priorities and ensure that key issues are raised on a timely basis.
To ensure key deadlines are met to facilitate customs entries with our freight manager and achieve delivery of shipments as required by our distribution centres and customers.
To work closely with our brands and internal teams in all shipping matters to support them in any area where assistance can be provided.
To provide the required documentation in order to ensure stock can flow to and from the EU post Brexit
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- Understanding of HMRC Import & Export processes and documentation
- To work with Pentland shipping team colleagues to help formulate and manage new EU customs processes in order to ensure Pentland run a uninterrupted supply chain to our customers
- To provide commodity codes information and the relevant shipment documents to our freight partners’ in order to export to the EU.
- Understand and undertake freight calculations for customs entries.
- Understand the relevance of shipping terms and documentation and the impact on operations.
- Understand each element of shipment paperwork and the importance of each document (invoices, packing lists, C88’s, E1’s).
- Create customs entry item worksheets using shipment paperwork and brand range listings.
- Issue export customs clearance instructions to freight partners and courier companies.
- Understand the classification process for assigning commodity codes to customer’s products
- Ensure that all goods are accurately declared to our freight forwarder for completion of export formalities into the EU to HM Customs & Excise in accordance with the procedures laid down in the Customs Tariff
What you will bring:
- Strong numeracy and communication skills, Mathematics and English
- Knowledge of MS Suite
- Ability to prioritise own workload and ability to work unsupervised.
- The ability to compile relevant reporting accurately and effectively to management and colleagues.
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Organised, self-motivated and able to adapt to the ever-changing supply chain environment
- Able to work effectively as be a team player
- Able to take instruction from other team members.
- Perform additional duties when required.
- Able to plan & manage time effectively
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Proactive in approach.
- Positive, confident and flexible approach.
- Willingness to seek advice / assistance.