Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Drive the delivery of Pentland brands’ direct to consumer vision for the US, focussing on Seavees, Endura and ellesse. Build a solid platform for growth for these and new brands and deliver exponential growth over the next three years.
- Set vision and growth strategy for delivering a holistic and seamless ecommerce experience across the portfolio – ellesse, Seavees and Endura.
- Manage the overall e-commerce P&L by brand, including revenue, margin and operating expense expectations.
- Effectively communicate the overall brands performance to executive management.
- Setting strategic vision and 3 year plan ensuring this is shared and co-owned by key stakeholders across the business.
- Build a high performing team of trading managers and digital marketing specialists with a view to growing Seavees.com, nurturing Endura.com and launching ellesse.com in the US from March 2019.
- Lead revenue planning, forecasting and reporting by brand and manage internal communication of performance relative to forecast.
- Actively and effectively partner with brand marketing teams to deliver on the brand strategy where e-commerce is the priority conversion channel
- Work closely with digital product managers, based in the UK to define and implement digital initiatives, delivering a best-in-class shopping and checkout experience
- Establish strong working relationships with our analytics team to understand our customers’ purchase and post-purchase journeys quantitatively (through web and channel analytics) and qualitatively (through user research and insights)
- Manage the Customer Service team and monitor customer satisfaction and service levels, and identify and pursue business-driving opportunities. Partner with UK based Customer Service team on joint initiatives.
- Collaborate with relevant product development teams at Endura, ellesse and Seavees to set and manage seasonal product calendar and site plan based on brand direction, seasonal product assortment, internal learnings and competitive patterning
- Manage the storefronts to maximize revenue and profitability
- Manage in-season business by daily tracking and analyzing of sales information and site metrics in order to identify opportunities to increase sales and site conversion
- Lead the weekly trading meeting
- Create and present monthly performance report for each category; analyze customer behavior, site metrics and related findings to sales/site performance; present recommended strategies for current and future business based upon findings
What you need to have:
- Experience in an e-commerce environment selling physical products
- A proven track record of operating in a high growth environment and rapidly growing e-commerce revenues
- Experience managing and growing e-commerce and digital marketing teams
- Experience of applying best-in-class benchmarks and Key Performance Indicators relevant to an online retailing business.
- The ability to think analytically and to synthesize information, form conclusions and recommend actions
- An enterprise mindset with a keen understanding of all lines of a P&L, and how all functions of an E-Commerce business impact growth.
- Experience working in a portfolio environment would be highly beneficial
- Comfortable working across more than one e-commerce platform
What we need to see in you:
- A great communicator
- Strong business judgment and decision-making skills
- High level of drive and motivation
- Passionate about e-commerce and not afraid to be hands-on
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment in an international business
- Proficient web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, and site optimization tools such as Optimizely/Bunting.
- Proficient in excel and data analysis, with statistics experience a plus
- Collaborative mindset across varying levels and departments with strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Aptitude for innovation & leadership around areas of expertise. Able to articulate a vision and execute it.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.