Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
This role will ensure that Pentland active brands are winning at the point of purchase through market-leading standards of execution.
You will establish Pentland as the premium active brands in UK retail by maintaining the highest levels of visual merchandising, working with stores during key marketing campaigns, and educating staff on the values and attributes of Pentland active brands via in-store and HQ product training.
This role will ensure that new product stories are communicated and merchandised as the focal point in
As a key brand guardian, ensure that the image and DNA of our brands is conveyed at all times and all points of contact for retailers and consumers.
- Activation and ensuring compliance of the Pentland active brands Retail Brand Standards through in store visual merchandising
- Ensure you achieve the required amount of store visits to meet the brand objectives and report back regularly on challenges and progress.
- Work closely with the Field Marketing Manager and sales teams, to align store visits across territory with seasonal marketing activity and in-store product drop dates.
- Drive mental and physical availability of Pentland active brands within territory. Document active position, and report on a monthly basis.
- Proactive participation in inventory management, clearly feeding back to the Sales team on slow sellers, great sellers, issues and opportunities.
- Form strong relationships with retailer marketing teams, regional VMs and store staff. Ensure store and HQ staff are up to date with seasonal product launches and product technical aspects. Develop and ensure the circulation of information and relevant training packs.
- Development of an annual training calendar and deliver multi-brand Pentland training days. Maintain a network of Pentland instore ambassadors by providing on-the-job training, feedback, and recognition. Motivate the ambassadors to actively support your visual merchandising efforts and carry them out in between your visits.
- Monitor the roll out of unitary and POS in to key retail accounts, and coordinate the update of unitary graphics. Manage store roll out of promotional materials and window campaigns in your territory.
- Implement and oversee any staff / consumer incentives, measure their effectiveness and report back accordingly.
- Be confident to challenge the retail environment and proactively suggest ideas and actions to drive the in store VM proposition and sell through
- Scoping of store spaces for the suggestion of best visual merchandising solutions
- Produce and distribute a monthly VM update to Field Marketing Manager highlighting achievements, challenges and upcoming plans.
- Attendance at appropriate product launches.
- Utilise market data and insights from Insights team to establish credibility with store managers. Share retail information from market visits with Insights team to add more context to their data.
- May be required to travel to stores in Europe occasionally.
What you need to have:
- Relevant experience in the retail and active/sports industry
- Proven VM experience
- Ideally experience in a regional role
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Good confident presentation skills
- Strong creative flair and effective problem solving abilities
- Technical product knowledge
Ability to coach and train
- Good knowledge and an interest in the lifestyle and fashion market
- Full clean driving licence
What we need to see in you:
- Hard working
- Proactive and creative in making it happen
- Energetic, driven and determined
- Inspiring, keep raising the bar
- Able to use their initiative
- Team player
- Flexible (Out of hours work)
- Willing to travel
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.