Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
As a key brand guardian, ensure that the image and DNA of our brands is conveyed at all times and all points of contact for retailers and consumers.
- Ensure you achieve the required amount of store visits to meet the brand objectives and report back regularly on challenges and progress.
- Work closely with the Fied Marketing Manager and sales teams, to align store visits across territory with seasonal marketing activity and in-store product drop dates.
- Drive mental and physical availability of Pentland footwear within territory. Document footwear position, and report on a monthly basis.
- Proactive participation in inventory management, clearly feeding back to the Sales team on slow sellers, great sellers, issues and opportunities. Utilise this information and recommend new in-store, website and social media initiatives.
- Form strong relationships with retailer marketing teams, regional VMs and store staff. Ensure store and HQ staff are up to date with seasonal product launches and product technical aspects. Develop and ensure the circulation of information and training packs.
- Development of an annual training calendar and deliver multi-brand Pentland training days. Maintain a network of Pentland brand boutique ambassadors by providing on-the-job training, feedback, and recognition. Motivate the ambassadors to actively support your visual merchandising efforts and carry them out in between your visits. Collect monthly footwear reports from boutique ambassadors.
- Monitor the roll out of unitary and POS in to key retail accounts, and coordinate the update of unitary graphics. Manage store roll out of promotional materials and window campaigns in your territory.
- Implement and oversee any staff / consumer incentives, measure their effectiveness and report back accordingly.
- Lead quarterly showroom updates with Supply Chain teams, ensuring product is delivered from warehouses on time. Responsible for packing down showrooms, re-merchandising, and coordinating delivery of samples.
- Aid sales team with showroom VM, prior to buying and product launch meetings including upkeep of showroom graphics and fixtures.
- Produce and distribute a monthly VM update to Field Marketing Manager highlighting achievements, challenges and upcoming plans.
- Attendance at appropriate product launches.
- Utilise market data and insights from Insights team to establish credibility with store managers. Share retail information from market visits with Insights team to add more context to their data.
- May be required to travel to JD & Foot Locker stores across France and Ireland.
The must haves:
- Relevant experience in the retail and footwear industry or proven VM experience
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Good confident presentation skills
- Strong creative flair and effective problem solving abilities
- Technical product knowledge
- Good knowledge and an interest in the lifestyle and fashion market
- Full clean driving licence
Needs to be:
- Hard working
- Proactive and creative in making it happen
- Energetic, driven and determined
- Inspiring, keep raising the bar
- Able to use their initiative
- Team player
- Flexible (Out of hours work)
- Willing to travel