Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As part of the Lab Team you will be responsible for supporting the Lab Team lead in the testing of raw material and prototype product for all Pentland Brands. The role will provide an accurate, responsive and on time textile testing service to support the Global Materials and wider Product Development teams. You will be responsible for assessing sample fabric and trim application submissions against approved standards to ensure our continued high-quality guarantee is achieved. You will also be responsible for considering the future state of the department, updated test methodology/standards as well as researching the latest technologies appropriate to our product range.
The role you'd play:
- Carry out lab textile testing to British & International Standards and other in-house tests, on a multitude of high-performance materials and trims for apparel, footwear and equipment in order to provide an accurate indication of their performance and quality level
- Maintain testing database, with all results archived and tracked to enable accurate comparisons and assessments during the development, manufacturing and lifecycle of our products. Communicate performance issues to all relevant parties.
- Liaise with external testing organisations where necessary to obtain independent testing data and to gain relevant information on new testing procedures
- Ensure compliance of bulk production fabrics and components, through random testing using both the Berghaus lab and local independent test houses
- Support the development of a robust and credible outdoor wearer trial program by growing relationships with outdoor organisations.
- Consider other avenues to expand the reach of the field testing program, providing a cost effective solution to support the testing needs of product development
- Consider the future state of testing at pentland and explore innovative testing methodology and standards to demonstrate product benefits
- Responsible for research and investigation projects into new technologies and competitor product
- Assist in all projects where laboratory input is required.
The must haves:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in textile or science related course with laboratory experience is beneficial.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Passionate about our products and the activity they are intended for.
- Able to be a strong team player.
- Able to identify, work with & influence key external partners.
- Commercially aware and be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen.
- Experience of working cross functionally
- PC Literate (MS Excel, One Drive, Sharepoint)
- Ability to work accurately, methodically and independently, organising own workload and prioritising daily tasks.