Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As part of our testing team your key focus and responsibility will be the coordination and management of product/prototype testing for all Pentland Brands. We’ll look to you to develop innovative end user trailing tests to highlight any product performance challenges our development team will need to overcome, and build relationships with end user groups that help us to really test our kit in the environments it's designed for.
You will support the Lab Team lead in all related activity, including the testing of raw materials to provide an accurate, responsive and on time testing service to the Global Materials and wider Product Development teams. You will also be involved in considering the future state of the department, researching new test methodology/standards as well as the latest technologies appropriate to our product range.
The role you’d play:
- Coordinate full product and prototype testing in conjunction with product development teams.
- Build a robust product testing process with the ability to track and feedback test results from a varied testing community based on the end use of the product; Rugby, Swimming, Football, Outdoors etc.
- Support the Lab Team Lead in development of a robust and credible outdoor wearer trial program by growing relationships with outdoor organisations.
- Introduce new testing methodology appropriate to the end use of the product to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Consider other avenues to expand the reach of the product testing program, providing a cost effective solution to support the testing needs of product development
- Carry out lab textile testing to British & International Standards and other in-house tests, on a multitude of high-performance materials and trims for apparel, footwear and equipment in order to provide an accurate indication of their performance and quality level.
- Maintain testing database, with all results archived and tracked to enable accurate comparisons and assessments during the development, manufacturing and lifecycle of our products. Communicate performance issues to all relevant parties.
- Liaise with external testing organisations where necessary to obtain independent testing data and to gain relevant information on new testing procedures.
- Consider the future state of testing at pentland and explore innovative testing methodology and standards to demonstrate product benefits.
- Responsible for research and investigation projects into new technologies and competitor product
The must haves:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in sports science/engineering or textile related course with laboratory experience is beneficial.
- The ability to display knowledge of experimental design, considering best practice methodolog
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Passionate about our products and the activity they are intended for.
- Able to be a strong team player
- Able to identify, work with & influence key external partners
- Commercially aware and be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen
- Experience of working cross functionallyPC Literate (MS Excel, One Drive, Teams)
- Ability to work accurately, methodically and independently, organising own workload and prioritising daily tasks.