Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
This commercial sales role will support Pentland’s strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance within the Active Division. Leading a team of Teamwear (Canterbury & Mitre) Regional Account Managers whilst maintaining direct regional account responsibility, this role will ensure the Teamwear customer plan is delivered working closely with key functions both internally and externally. This role is responsible for delivery of sales, profit, execution of initiatives and brand presence to agreed KPI’s of our annual and 1-3-year business plans.
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPIs of Pentland brands Teamwear business – monitor, challenge and lead course-correction recommendations as required.
- Lead a team of specialist Teamwear Regional Account Managers, enabling them to deliver against ambitious KPIs. Lead the creation and implementation of ambitious long-term growth strategies for the brands to maximise revenue opportunities, manage the cost base of the business and achieve sustainable profits whilst providing a stable platform for the expansion of the business long term.
- Utilise data and insight to scope, recommend and execute plans/opportunities/mitigate risk and drive efficiency opportunities within the Teamwear business.
- Build trust with the customer to create joint value, influence strategic decisions and lead the delivery of objectives.
- Manage the sell-in process of Teamwear in the UK, ensuring delivery of key propositions through use of a persuasive selling framework.
- Responsibility for internal influence & engagement across the multiple functions to align and deliver plans & to bring in a deep understanding of customer & stockist needs into Pentland.
- Introduce and present ranges, for both Made-To-Order (MTO) and Stock within leading education establishments (Schools, Colleges and Universities), Governing Bodies, Club and Corporate Sectors. Building trusting relationships with all appropriate personnel (Directors of Sport, Heads of Department, Buyers, Finance & Retail Staff) to develop and understand their business needs whilst communicating the objectives of Pentland brands.
- Direct responsibility for both Mitre and Canterbury Teamwear Brands within a defined number of regional accounts all within similar geographic proximity. Mix of generating new business and managing existing accounts.
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPIs of Teamwear brands business within the regional area.
- Representing the Teamwear brands appropriately at all required Teamwear events within your area i.e sizing sessions, tour evenings, open days and supporting the wider team as appropriate.
- Working closely with Customer Operations to ensure records are updated, calls are recorded in the systems and clear objectives are set.
- Organise and undertake quarterly business reviews (externally) and monthly business reviews (internally) to maintain focus and ensure all possible steps are being taken by all stakeholders and contributors to deliver against the plan.
- Work closely with Group Credit function to understand, mitigate and proactively avoid credit issues that may hinder shipment at best or lead to bad debt at worst.
- Always keep abreast of the market place identifying new distribution opportunities.
What you need to have:
- Ability to utilise market / industry / competitor insight to challenge and influence our category / channel / regional strategies and execute consumer focused propositions with customers
- Ability to analyse, spot trends and build a compelling commercial argument and persuasive selling story
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team in a matrix environment to deliver results
- Experience of delivering robust brand activation plans within a customer
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally to manage multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of managing and delivering results
- Previous line management experience would be advantageous
- Ideally experience within the UK Teamwear market/education sector and with a proven track record of success
- Experience of negotiation and strong influencing skills
- A passion for sport
- Commercial acumen - Understanding of broader business financial principles
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- IT / Systems literate
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of competition law
- Prepared to travel nationwide as required by the role
What we need to see in you:
- Team-minded. Able to support and develop a team to be their best whilst delivering results
- Challenge and recommend new ideas and be willing to take risks to drive strategies and efficiencies
- High tenacity & passion to achieve via influence
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise behind areas adding greatest Pentland value
- Actively seeking collaboration across cultures, brands and functions to deliver results
- A strong stakeholder manager. Able to liaise and influence with people at all levels
- An ambassador for Pentland Brands and the Active Division, role modelling the organisational values and One Pentland approach
- Consistently demonstrating a passion for bringing the voice of the customer back in to the business
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Able to build partnership and trust with a customer
- Solution focussed
- Flexible in approach with ‘can do’ attitude
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.