Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
This role will work collaboratively with the Senior PA in the location to provide a high level of organisation and administrative support on the Commercial Academy and Deploy to Trade plus the Location’s Senior Teams (Exec-1) team to enable delivery of the function’s objectives as well as providing administrative support on key deliverables. In addition this role will provide cover for the SPA and TA during absence.
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing the Academy including booking venues, refreshments, and room/AV set up internally and externally.
- Review and monitor venue performance ensuring delivering against expectations or identify new venues as required. This may require travel to the venues to audit room requirements against training partner expectations.
- Work with the Commercial Excellence Manager to agree attendees, send invites and joining instructions.
- Manage the Commercial Academy inbox and Calendar.
- Work with the Commercial Excellence Manager to deliver any other support required such as printing workbooks and sourcing and placing stationery orders.
- Work with training partners to provide support with travel, accommodation and venue requirements.
- Being the point of contact for attendee queries.
Deploy to Trade
- Work with Deploy to Trade Event Manager and Travel Agencies to support planning, co-ordinating and managing of Deploy to Trade meetings including booking venues, refreshments, and room/AV set up.
- Work with the Head of Sales & Planning Footwear and Active to agree attendees, send invites and joining instructions.
- Manage the DTT inbox and Calendar.
- Work with the Head of Sales & Planning Footwear and Active to provide additional support material such as printing DTT booklets, displays/ graphics.
- Being the Pentland point of contact for attendees for queries.
- There may be a requirement to attend other sites during Deploy to Trade but it is not essential to attend all.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve current processes and increase efficiency and effectiveness within the teams
- Preparing presentations and other communications
- Work with the Senior PA to manage workload dependent on Commercial Academy and Deploy to Trade.
- Provide support for the site and Senior Leaders (Exec-1) if required including travel bookings, meeting bookings, monthly travel and expense clinics.
Needs to have
- Relevant experience of working as an assistant at head of function/department level
- Event and Project Management experience ideal
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of how to put presentations together
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to understand and anticipate needs to ensure appropriate outcomes
- Ability to remain confidential and professional with sensitive people related data and information
Needs to be
- An ambassador for the function and Pentland
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations on delivery
- Able to work and deliver under own initiative and build support networks
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Able to liaise & build relationships with people at all levels
- Discreet with sensitive/confidential information
- Able to influence and constantly seeking to improve how we work
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Team player within function, willing to support where required
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.