Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the OD Strategy and OD One Year Plan, with a focus on building organisational talent and capability.
- In conjunction with the OD Management team, identify opportunities to collaborate, develop, engage, share knowledge, and drive continuous improvement of the OD Team offer. Contribute to the measurement and delivery of the OD One Year Plan.
- As a member of the HR Management team, identify opportunities to drive HR performance and engagement.
- In support of the Leadership proposition, work in partnership with the OD Director and chosen external providers in the design and delivery of a global leadership development offering, ensuring that Pentland has the leadership capability, behaviours, tools and talent to deliver its strategic objectives, optimising ROI and commercial relevance.
- Lead the continued development and implementation of a pragmatic talent management and succession planning approach, ensuring that we have an agreed and effective approach to identifying, mobilising and developing talent.
- Lead the development of a global 70 / 20 / 10 plan that reflects the new organisational Principles and Behaviours, ensuring that we have an effective and engaging offer at all stages of the employee lifecycle and at all levels of talent.
- Lead the development and embedding of tools that support organisation development and effectiveness, including Lumina, Pentland Leadership Tools, and more.
- Lead, empower and inspire the Talent Team to successfully deliver BAU and Project work, continually evolving our Talent and Development offer, whilst developing the capabilities and skills of the Talent team.
- Work with the HR Generalist community to identify and plan high impact talent and leadership development activities throughout the year.
- Coach the HR Generalist community to become champions of Talent Team tools and frameworks.
- In conjunction with the Talent Partner, manage approach to Early Careers, with a particular focus on management of the Apprenticeship Levy
- Work with the Talent Team training partner and consultant relationships, ensuring that they are advocates and champions of our Brand Proposition, and active contributors to the development of Pentland’s strategic capability
- Working with the Talent Team, continually review the ROI of learning and development programs, making recommendations for continuous improvement to our offer.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and delivery, generating insights and implementing interventions that truly build capability, leadership skills and talent, in both the short and long term.
The must haves:
- Experience managing an L&D and/or Talent team
- Experience working effectively within a global and matrix environment
- Strong stakeholder skills and gravitas, with the ability to communicate, influence and negotiate at all levels
- Commercial acumen, with a strong focus on practical, effective and flexible learning solutions
- Engaging and creative presentation and facilitation skills with previous experience designing and facilitating workshops / training for both small and large groups
- Experience designing, managing and delivering creative and practical learning programmes in partnership with internal and external suppliers (including Senior Leadership Development programmes)
- Previous experience leading cross-functional projects and/or initiatives
- A keen interest in organisational development and human behaviour
- Practical experience leading Talent processes, preferably in a global environment
- Industry-relevant qualifications and/or accreditations is a plus (e.g. Lumina, MBTI, Coaching qualification)
Needs to be:
- Passionate about supporting and developing teams and individuals
- A team player, recognising the role they have to play in the wider function and business
- Adaptable and flexible, able to work with change and complexity; calm under pressure
- Pro-active and able to prioritize and plan ahead
- Creative and continually looking to identify new ideas and approaches
- Able to balance and flex between strategic thinking and operational delivery
- Commercial, looking for real business benefits to any frameworks and initiatives
- Resilient, championing future focused initiatives despite stakeholder challenge / scepticism