Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
A key member of the OD team, responsible for supporting the delivery of the OD Strategy and One Year Plan. The Learning and Development Advisor works with stakeholders, across Global HR and the business, to build strategic capability.
In support of the Pentland Three Year Plan and the People and Workplace Strategy, the Learning and Development Advisor contributes to the development and implementation of the Pentland 70/20/10 plan at all stages of the employee lifecycle; developing, implementing and leading frameworks and tools in alignment with the overall capability approach.
- Contribute to the development of the 70/20/10 plan, identifying capability needs from within the business, and themes and trends externally
- Own the Learning Management System on MyAccess, design and develop practical and creative learning content, materials and resources (including e-learning) in a range of formats that enthuse and enable delegates to learn and apply new skills and behaviours
- Deliver ad hoc development solutions
- Provide specialist advice on learning and development activities and solutions to key stakeholders
- Coordinate the continual evolution of our global Onboarding approach, ensuring an engaging and inspiring experience for new starters
- Support the Early Careers Programme by providing advice and expertise in relation to employee development, coordinate the Graduate and Apprentice Onboarding program (in alignment with the overall programs) and own the work experience and internship offering
- Build and maintain strong training partner relationships, ensuring that they are advocates and champions of our Brand Proposition, and active contributors to the development of Pentland’s strategic capability
- Continually review the ROI of learning and development programs, implementing clear feedback and evaluation processes to measure the effectiveness of learning, and making recommendations for continuous improvement to our offer
What you need to have:
- Previous experience in a Talent or L&D role
- Experience designing and facilitating formal and informal learning interventions
- A strong practical understanding of 70/20/10 or blended learning approaches
- Qualification in L&D (CIPD) or similar
- Experience coordinating or managing projects involving cross-functional stakeholders
- A strong focus on ROI and measurement of HR activities
- Gravitas, with the ability to engage and influence employees and business stakeholders
What we need to see in you:
- Organised, able to prioritise and plan ahead
- Curious about HR and the business, always striving to broaden and build their knowledge of both
- Passionate about learning and bringing the outside in
- Creative, passionate and insightful, looking at the art of the possible and making it happen
- A problem solver, using data and insights to make decisions
- Practical and business-focused
- Agile and comfortable with change, ambiguity and complexity
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.