Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Speedo’s purpose is to inspire people to swim.
To execute swimwear design creation for Speedo, throughout the global range and regional SMU projects, delivering solutions that are desirable to consumers and in line with the brand’s DNA and business strategies.
The role you’d play:
- Responsible for conceptualising and delivering apparel designs against Brand seasonal creative direction and product briefs, whilst maintaining Brand DNA, VBL and branding guidelines;
- Some understanding and consideration of technical swimwear garments, construction, fabrications and manufacturing methods in swim/apparel design;
- Deliver consumer focused designs aligned with overall range direction, and that achieve commercial targets;
- Support and influence development of creative direction;
- To support the design of complex, technical or strategically important NPD / Innovation initiatives that are critically vital to Brand’s plans, working closely with Design & Innovation teams
- Deliver consumer focused design solutions achieving consumer and commercial targets as set on the product design briefs;
- Ensure outputs have a coherent offer to seamlessly merchandise with other product categories, combining desirable aesthetics with credible performance / technical needs;
- Presents at design and development reviews to ensure overall design intent is retained throughout the development process to final sign-off;
- Deliver outputs in a clear, concise and articulate format, with detailed information as required;
- Supports Innovation and Development Teams to deliver design and colour specifications on time and at key stage gates in the product creation process;
- Actively research the market and trends, looking further than immediate scope of work and produce detailed reports for wider design and product teams;
The must haves:
- Educated to degree level or robust experience in Design, Sports, Contour, Fashion or a related consumer-led field;
- Proven track record of delivering successful considered and desirable apparel design;
- The ability to articulate design solutions with clarity and conviction, both verbally and visually;
- Consumer focused with a good technical bias within their given design specialism
- Strong creative skills with a proven commercial background
- Proven track record of delivering technical designs preferable with some knowledge of technical specifications, construction and specific manufacturing needs
- Strong sense of international market trends balanced with the importance of originality through invention
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, plus excellent freehand drawing skills. Knowledge of Excel an advantage
- Proven ability to work within a critical path and meet deadlines, managing time efficiently to achieve completion of a professional standard of work
- Able to manage and work to deadlines as well as multi-tasking
- Very organised, structured and comfortable working with a minimum of supervision towards meeting short-term and long-term objectives
- Collaborates effectively to maintain and develop trustful relationships with peers across the business or multiple functions
- Ability to work across multiple functions with experience of working in a matrix structure a benefit
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Communicates with enthusiasm
- Understands cultural differences
- Highly consultative and able to co-create as part of a team of designers;
- Open-minded, accepts different points of view and can deal with design critique without taking it personally;
- Enthusiastic about design, inspiring, creative, forward-thinking and energetic
- Self-motivated and equally comfortable working within a team
- A good communicator, both interpersonally and within a group conveying strong brand empathy
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and able to multi-task
- Asks questions and seeks understanding first
- Pushes oneself to exceed expectations
- Adaptable and versatile
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.