Studio & Resource Manager
As our Resource and Studio Manager, you’ll be close to the day-to-day running of all campaigns, projects, and commercial shoots. You’ve got your ear to the ground and know what’s going on, so will be best placed to ensure our talent are working on the right thing, agency process is being followed and issues are spotted quickly and resolved.
Your primary role is resource planning for our brands’ projects across a range of disciplines, both internal talent and external suppliers. You’ll work closely with our project managers, producers, and head of content to forward resource plan, ensuring this is aligned to project scope and timelines.
We’re a small but busy creative agency and photographic studio, and your role is the lynch pin, you’re across all projects, you understand deadlines, you’re coordinating freelancers, your own the studio calendar, you’re multitasking, you’ve got a finger in every pie. You’re our go-to for the big picture of what’s going on.
Approachable, proactive, organised. The calm in the storm.
The role you’d play:
- Responsible for resource planning for all campaigns, projects and commercial shoots, end to end, ensuring resource is aligned to project scope, key milestones, and deadlines.
- Forward resource planning against brand roadmaps and manage our agency pipeline, ensuring the team are aware of what’s coming up.
- Running our weekly status team meeting, keeping everyone in the loop of what’s going on – you own the big picture.
- Ownership of our photography studio calendar and collaborating with our head of content and inhouse photographer to support the organisation of all activity.
- Managing conflicting resource requests and working with the team to agree priorities and resolve clashes. You will facilitate the decision-making process on priorities, ensuring these are based on real priorities and not knee-jerk reactions or assumptions.
- You’re responsible for making sure people are busy on the right thing.
- Responsible for all freelance talent including – sourcing talent, negotiating day rates, and processing all supplier set up, contracts and POs.
- There’s admin to do, forms to fill, POs to issue – it’s the stuff that’s crucial to the smooth running of the agency and studio and should be invisible to others – who should be focused on the work.
- Ownership of our tools that support our process including Monday.com, Smartsheet and Forecast and our SharePoint space.
What you’d bring / be:
- Experience in resource management/operations experience, preferably in an integrated creative agency.
- A good understanding of agency disciplines - strategy, creative, design, digital and production.
- A good understanding of project process and project delivery.
- Commercial awareness, you’ve got experience of managing freelance budgets.
- Proactive and approachable.
- Happiest when knee deep in challenges to resolve.
- Calm under pressure and able to take the stress out of a situation.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
PCA is Pentland Brand’s internal creative agency.
We want to build a content factory that powers Pentland’s brands to be the most famous, the most relevant and the most desired. We want to tell beautiful stories about our brilliant brands, stories that bridge between creative communications and creative selling. We need to be ‘chefs at the pass’ for the brands delivering consistency and coherence across all touchpoints. We will have digital baked into everything we do – we will always start with our consumers and then build ideas around their behaviour.
We’re ambitious – we don’t just want to be a content factory; we want to be the best content factory delivering brilliant work at speed and at scale.
We’re curious, we’re creative and we’re hiring.
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.Apply for this position