Job title: Studio Manager
Function: Pentland Creative Agency
Location: Lakeside, London
Report: Creative Agency Director
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better.
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
Pentland Creative Agency provides creative and photographic services through integrated multi-channel brand and product campaigns for our portfolio of brands. From its in-house studio in Finchley, London we strive to blend creative excellence with operational efficiencies to ensure best-in-class consumer experiences for our brands.
Key Purpose of the Job:
The Studio Manager is a pivotal operational role in Pentland Creative Agency managing the workflow and commercial output for a creative team of 20+ people with different skillsets.
Working closely with Account/Project Managers and Creative Teams to manage and schedule all resource requirements and ensure the smooth and successful running of projects based on agreed budget, resource allocation and deadlines.
The Studio Manager is also responsible for managing the efficient workflow of projects through the studio and proactively identifying ways of improving studio processes to deliver brilliant creative.
A key part of the role is future planning and forecasting busy periods where the agency needs to flex up with freelance support. The ability to manage the day-to-day, re-prioritise resources as necessary and able to plan and forecast long term is essential in this role.
It is important that the Studio Manager shows energy and enthusiasm to multitask while also being able to personally motivate individuals and inspire and lead resources in a collaborative way. You need to be firm yet fair in all situations and understand the changing environment of the Agency.
The role you’d play;
- Lead trafficking/ tracking jobs, from beginning to end, by resource, so productivity and profitability can be reviewed and developed
- Work with Account/Project Managers to ensure all project phases are delivered within allocated budget by planning and scheduling all project resource requirement
- Improving the Creative Workflow process; efficient streamlining whilst maintaining the highest quality output.
- Managing artwork function, creative activation and copy briefs, and QC
- Leading internal projects of process implementations, software integrations and onboarding.
- Supporting and holding to account the Client Services team to ensure projects are accurately budgeted and resourced with achievable timelines.
- Evolving a solutions focussed creative process to optimise delivery, identifying utilisation opportunities and scaling teams and skills accordingly
- Manage team diaries; holidays, OOO, team days/meetings and milestone meetings
- Align with team to ensure talent is retained and developed, scheduling work per individual development plans whilst ensuring commercial results
- Manage Apple Mac estate with IT team to ensure team all have appropriate kit to do their jobs effectively
- Manage recruitment and onboarding of freelance talent from your extensive ‘little black book’ or agencies
- Experience facilitating resource planning through an online tool such as Paprika and ensure all team are regularly and accurately filling in timesheets
What you will bring:
- Proven knowledge and experience resourcing a busy studio
- A master at multitasking and can prioritise based on project deadlines
- Strong supplier and stakeholder management skills
- Unflappable with a positive can-do attitude
- Reporting progress of all work and any anticipated deviation from planned timings and costs.
- Highly organised, able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Personable, working effectively with a variety of different people.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.