Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
This European commercial sales role will support Pentland’s strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance with one of Pentland's identified strategic retailers. Working across assigned Pentland brands this role is accountable for sales, profit and brand presence to agreed KPI’s, identifying and removing barriers to ensure success internally and externally.
The role you’d play:
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPI’s of our Pentland brands business with assigned brands– monitor, challenge and lead course-correction recommendations as required
- Lead the creation and implementation of ambitious long-term growth strategies for the brands in line with Pentland customer vision to maximise revenue opportunities, manage the cost base of the business to achieve sustainable profits and provide a stable platform for the expansion of the business long term.
- Design, deliver and execute aligned customer joint business plans (1-3 years) that deliver against the financial, go to market / brand presence and efficiency targets.
- Lead annual trade terms negotiations, lead creative thinking behind trading variables and ensure legal compliance in line with Pentland strategy leveraging value from our commercial agreements to best market our brands and drive consumer experience.
- Work closely with Sales and Planning function and Shopper Marketing team to gain greater understanding of consumers & shoppers and analyse trends to scope, recommend and execute plans, identifying opportunities and areas for improvement. Be an integral part of the IBP process.
- Utilise data and insight to scope, recommend and execute plans/opportunities/mitigate risk and drive efficiency opportunities within assigned strategic customer across the Pentland brands business for all areas of the business from trade marketing to operations.
- To manage the investment within Amazon (including all discretionary spend and cost prices) ensuring we maximise return and deliver the agreed sale/profit targets.
- Build trust with the retailer to create joint value, influence strategic decisions and leading the delivery of objectives through an accelerated joint business plan
- Manage the sell-in process of assigned Pentland brands ensuring delivery of key propositions through the Pentland selling framework
- Responsible for ensuring clear internal communication of plans and activity via briefing notes and customer activation calendar.
- Responsibility for internal influence & engagement across the division to align and deliver plans & to bring in a deep understanding of customer & shopper needs into Pentland
- To be an active member of the Pentland Strategic Customer team by working within a matrix global team facilitating, sharing & reapplying learnings that allows us to better work in a Pentland first way.
- To take overall responsibility for assigned brands procurement and analysis of sell-in, sell out, stock turn and order book management including overdue order book, customer marketing plan and all assigned KPI’s.
What you need to have:
- You’ll have a proven track record of managing and delivering results as a National Account Manager
- You can utilise market / industry / competitor insight to challenge and influence our category and channel
- You’ll be experienced in working in a multi-functional team & working in a matrix environment to deliver results
- You demonstrate strong communication skills both internally & externally to manage multiple stakeholders
- You have experience of working with Amazon
- You will have the ability to build a persuasive selling story
- You will have strong planning and organisational skills with ability to manage and deliver multiple projects
What we need to see in you:
- Prepared to travel across UK and Europe
- A flexible approach and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Highly numerate, analytical and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking and build compelling relevant commercial arguments
- You will be experienced in negotiation and strong influencing skills
- You’ll understand the broader business financial principles and how to manage profitability to achieve financial gains
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.