Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
At Pentland Brands we are increasingly looking to work more strategically with the worlds winning retailers. As called out in our OGSM, strategic customers offer all of our brands the opportunity to get our propositions in front of consumers so they can see, buy & love them.
The new role will contribute to building a long term, sustainable, harmonious and profitable business through supporting execution to grow faster.
Key purpose of the role:
This commercial sales role will support Pentland’s strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance with one of Pentland's strategic retailers; developing customer relations in all departments, both internally and externally. Working across assigned Pentland brands this role is supporting delivery of sales, profit, efficiency targets, execution of initiatives and brand presence to agreed KPI’s of our annual and 1-3 year joint business plans.
- Supports delivery and execution of the annual plan within the customer across assigned brands (anticipated 30%/70% of time customer facing; responsible for learning to navigate through the customer organisation to “connect the dots” to key influencers). Potential opportunity for stretch to lead on one brand depending on experience level.
- Utilise data and insight to scope, recommend and execute plans/opportunities/mitigate risk and drive efficiency opportunities within assigned strategic customer across the Pentland brands business for all areas of the business from trade marketing to operations.
- Support the European lead for assigned brands procurement, analysis of sell-in, sell out, stock turn and order book management including overdue order book, customer marketing plan and all assigned KPI’s. Produces presentations and reports as required.
- Monitors and reports progress against OGSM deliverables providing accurate and timely information for decision making and driving corrective action plan.
- Leads the delivery of meetings with Amazon buying team and AVS contacts including sell ins, business review meetings and all other customer facing reviews.
- Liaise with appropriate departments within Pentland brands ensuring effective internal communication and day to day operational issue resolution i.e. Customer service team, ensuring high service levels - Credit/Finance team, to ensure speedy resolution of any issues
- To work closely with marketing brand teams to ensure any marketing activity is aligned to brand, country, channel plan and attend launches as required
- Ownership of the commercial insight and reporting within the customer to support driving opportunities or mitigating risk through use of fact-based data. Keeps up to date with category trends and developments for the purpose of identifying new opportunities within the customer.
- Responsible for any required product & promotional set up processes internally and externally working with the regional customer marketing exec
- Lead preparation and delivery of the brand sell-in / buy preparation activity - Develop seasonal assortments, forecasts, presentations and scenario plans for assigned customer
- Review execution and performance of Pentland propositions and feed voice of customer in to future planning processes
- Bring in a deep understanding of customer and shopper needs back in to Pentland brands
- To be an active member of the Pentland Strategic Customer team by working within a matrix global team facilitating, sharing & reapplying learnings that allows us to better work in a Pentland first way.
What you need to have:
- Experience in a customer facing role at Account Management level or above
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills both internally & externally is essential
- Commercial acumen - Understanding of broader business financial principles and how to manage profitability to achieve financial gains
- .Ability to utilise market / industry / competitor insight to challenge and influence our category / channel / regional strategies and execute
- consumer focused propositions with customers
- Strong Influencing skills – ability to influence internally and externally
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Solution orientated mind-set
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills are required
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally
- Understanding of retail and commercial models
- A full understanding of the FTW market with specific experience to the sports lifestyle sector.
- Prepared to travel as required
What we need to see in you:
- An ambassador for Pentland Brands across the division, role modelling the organisational values and One Pentland approach
- Demonstrates a passion for bringing the voice of the customer in to the business
- Confident, professional and articulate
- A self-starter with high attention to detail
- Proactive, able to work under pressure and outgoing with strong interpersonal skill
- Highly numerate, analytical and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking and build compelling relevant commercial arguments
- High tenacity & passion to achieve via influence
- Works with customers and internally to implement solutions
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Able to liaise and influence people at all levels
- Ability to work with matrix mind-set and build trust
- Ability to build partnership and trust with a customer
- Listens and interacts effectively with different interpersonal styles
- Achievement oriented with the desire to learn and grow
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.