Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence, execution and KPI’s of Pentland brands business across the active propositions within JD Sports fashion fascia reporting to the Strategic Account Manager Active
- Supports delivery and execution of the wider active annual plan within the customer across the other JD Outdoor fascia’s (Blacks, Millets, Ultimate Outdoors) as required
- Responsible for learning to navigate through the customer organisation to “connect the dots” to key influencers building an effective customer contact strategy
- Utilize data and insight to scope, recommend and execute plans/opportunities/mitigate risk and drive efficiency opportunities within assigned strategic customer across the Pentland brands business for all areas of the business from shopper marketing to operations
- Support the Strategic Account Manager for assigned brands procurement, analysis of sell-in, sell out, stock turn and order book management including overdue order book, customer marketing plan and all assigned KPI’s. Produces presentations and reports as required
- Monitors and reports progress against Annual Plan deliverables providing accurate and timely information for decision making and driving corrective action plan.
- Liaise with appropriate departments within Pentland brands ensuring effective internal communication and day to day operational issue resolution i.e. Customer service team, ensuring high service levels - Credit/Finance team, demand planning to ensure speedy resolution of any issues.
- To work closely with Shopper Marketing and the Sales & Planning function to ensure any customer marketing activity is aligned to brand, country, channel plan and attend launches as required.
- Ownership of the commercial insight and reporting within the customer to support driving opportunities or mitigating risk through use of fact-based data. Keeps up to date with category trends and developments for identifying new opportunities within the customer.
- Responsible for any required product & promotional set up processes internally and externally working with the product, shopper marketing and VM teams.
- Support preparation and delivery of the brand sell-in / buy preparation activity - plan seasonal assortments, forecasts, presentations and scenario plans for assigned customer working with appropriate people within the Sales & Planning function
- Review execution and performance of Pentland propositions and feed voice of customer in to future planning processes via Sales & Planning function and VM teams.
- Bring in a deep understanding of customer and shopper needs back in to Pentland brands shopper merchandising and design team
- To be an active member of the Pentland Strategic Customer team by working within a matrix global team facilitating, sharing & reapplying learnings that allows us to better work in a One Pentland way.
The must haves:
- Experience in a customer facing role at minimum Fields Sales level or above i.e. Key Account level
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills both internally & externally is essential
- Commercial acumen - Understanding of broader business financial principles and how to manage profitability to achieve financial gains.
- Ability to utilize market / industry / competitor insight to challenge and influence our category / channel / regional strategies and execute consumer focused propositions with customers
- Strong Influencing skills – ability to influence internally and externally
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Solution orientated mind-set
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills are required
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally
- Understanding of retail and commercial models
- Technical industry product knowledge/experience would be advantageous
- Prepared to travel as required