Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As Sourcing Manager you will:
- Be the senior sourcing and supply planning representative based in London supporting the Non-Asia sourcing and development requirements of all footwear brands.
- Build our capability to deliver the requirements of our footwear brands outside of our current Asia base
- Support the creation and delivery of the Non-Asia strategy that delivers the brands needs
- Ensure the delivery of Sourcing KPI’s, specifically Quality and OTIF and including logistics considerations.
- Work closely with the UK supply chain and product development teams on initiatives to deliver improved supply chain efficiency including greater flexibility, shorter lead times and margin improvements.
- Be the primary manager and key contact for all Non-Asia vendors.
- Effectively evaluate and report on vendor performance, agree and execute improvement plans.
- Manage the product development process and sample requirements in line with the CTP and agreed process.
- Coordinate product costing negotiation and process in line with target margins and RRPs.
- Identify potential production problems through commercialisation process and co-ordinate solutions between UK team and vendors.
- Work with vendors to ensure that lead times are met, and production is on time. In the event of any delays or issues, escalate and work to minimise commercial impacts.
- Setup QA process, and work with team to ensure standards are maintained.
- Adhere to Pentland Corporate responsibility policies and work with vendors to consistently make improvements.
- Capacity Planning – working with demand planning and supporting the Supply Planners in the conversion of demand plans into a supply plans for both Tier1 and Tier2 vendors, Shipping and Logistics, taking into consideration capacity constraints, vendor holidays, etc.
- Responsible for the buy process, ensuring the supply plan is executed to deliver the demand requirements
- Lead monthly Non Asia Supply Chain KPI review process, provide clear commentary and execute actions required to attain targets
- Responsible for ensuring goods are expedited using the most cost-effective mode to deliver the customer demand requirements
- Lead the production and delivery of the Non Asia Strategic Sourcing Plan on an annual basis as part of the broader supply chain strategy
- Continually work with direct reports to manage workload, ensure engagement and development of the team
What you need to have
- Experience of construction of Footwear product through development process
- Experience of product management across different categories within Footwear
- The ability to develop, align and deliver product and design strategies that flow from a Brand strategy
- Previous experience in sourcing for Footwear products
- Experience leading global teams in a matrix structure
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Managing a range of stakeholders across multiple sites
- Understanding of the C2C process
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Ability to think creatively with strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise work and multi task
What we need to see in you
- An experienced leader, with the ability to nurture and manage non direct reporting teams
- Grounded and hard-working, enjoy being hands-on, agile and open to change
- Collaborative with a strong team focus and the ability to coach and delegate, as well as working independently when required
- Courageous, passionate and open-minded, as well as innovative and full of energy and drive.
- A decision maker and a highly competent problem solver showing decisiveness and the ability to assess risk
- Able to handle pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent people manager
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experienced in dealing with different business cultures, specifically within Asia
- High Attention to detail
- Highly planned, organised & methodical
- Have a positive and confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Measures of success
- Product delivery on time and to cost
- Margin improvement
- Product development cycle times
- Vendor OTIF
- Product quality
- Critical Path adherence
- Delivery of sourcing strategy and plan
- Head of Product Development and Divisional/Brand Product Development teams
- Head of Product Category
- PSS/PDS Teams
- Head of Divisional/Brand Design
- All Non-Asia Vendors and teams
- Footwear Division and 3rd Party Brand Directors
- Senior Supply Chain leadership team
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.