Job title: Shopper Marketing Executive
Function: UK Commercial
This role is responsible for supporting the development of brand-aligned shopper activation strategies and objectives for Pentland brands. This role delivers a best-in-class shopper experience when shoppers choose to engage with our brands across the full shopper journey; aligned with brand, regional and channel plans. This role ensures in-store displays, store re-fits and social/digital activity is executed in line with brand standards, and supports the delivery of tailored customer marketing plans.
This role will require you to support across the UK shopper marketing team by developing shopper marketing strategies, sharing best practice, delivering agreed activity, and determining the return on investment achieved. You will work with the commercial business teams and brand teams to articulate the customer activation vision that enables excellence in implementation across customers in the UK and Ireland market.
Pioneering brands that make life better.
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint adventure with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better.
Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work everyday excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience.
We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- To support the delivery of the customer and channel activation plans that inspires and excites our shoppers, ensuring brand alignment, executed on time and within budget.
- Proposing activation plans to deliver the brand communication objectives across the relevant touch points of each customer’s shopper journey to drive visibility and influence behaviour.
- Partner with appropriate brand, digital & social media marketing teams to deliver 360 degree customer activation where relevant and own any tailored creative briefs by engaging with relevant agencies where required to deliver customer content/materials.
- Responsible for ensuring clear internal communication of plans and activity.
- Develop POS and digital materials, ensuring all tasks/projects are owned, managed and measured. This will include the design and content decisions for customer- specific literature, customer events, VM store builds, social and other digital executions.
- Monitor and evaluate activations and competitor activity to ensure continuous improvement and advise commercial teams on maximising return on our investment with the customer and improvement of go-to-market execution.
- Play a key part throughout the customer sell-in process supporting to ensure delivery of key propositions through proactive shopper activation plans, including the set-up of showrooms and trade shows to support delivery of the customer plan and growth ambitions.
- To be an active member of the UK Commercial team
What you will bring:
- Proven track record of planning and delivering projects with an understanding of Shopper Marketing
- Commercial acumen
- Experience of working in a multi-functional team & working in a matrix environment; managing key stakeholders across multiple working locations
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally
- Experience of managing multiple projects, deadlines and competing priorities
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Knowledge of competition law
- Negotiation trained (beneficial)
- Prepared to travel UK and Ireland as required
- Able to demonstrate a passion for bringing the voice of the shopper and customer into the business
- Able to deliver brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standards in everything you do
- Confident, professional, and articulate communicator
- Ability to challenge and recommend new ideas
- Tenacious, flexible, and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Be an ambassador for Pentland Brands
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.