Shopper Marketing Executive (6 Month FTC)
We are looking for a Shopper Marketing Executive on a 6 month fixed term basis for a UK field based role.
This role is responsible for supporting the development of brand-aligned shopper activation strategies and objectives for Pentland brands. This role delivers a best-in-class shopper experience when shoppers choose to engage with our brands across the full shopper journey; aligned with brand, regional and channel plans. This role ensures in-store displays, store re-fits, social and digital activity is executed in line with brand standards, and supports the delivery of tailored customer marketing plans.
This role will require you to support across the UK shopper marketing team by developing shopper marketing strategies, sharing best practice, delivering agreed activity, and determining the return on investment achieved. You will work with the commercial business teams and brand teams to articulate the customer activation vision that enables excellence in implementation across customers in the UK and Ireland market.
The role you’d play:
- To support the delivery of the customer and channel activation plans that inspires and excites our shoppers, ensuring brand alignment, executed on time and within budget.
- Proposing activation plans to deliver the brand communication objectives across the relevant touch points of each customer’s shopper journey to drive visibility and influence behaviour.
- Partner with appropriate brand, digital & social media marketing teams to deliver 360 degree customer activations where relevant and own any tailored creative briefs by engaging with relevant agencies where required to deliver customer content/materials.
- Responsible for ensuring clear internal communication of plans and activity.
- Develop POS and digital materials, ensuring all tasks/projects are owned, managed, and measured. This will include the design and content decisions for customer- specific literature, customer events, VM store builds, social and other digital executions.
- Monitor and evaluate activations and competitor activity to ensure continuous improvement and advise commercial teams on maximising return on our investment with the customer and improvement of go-to-market execution.
- Play a key part throughout the customer sell-in process supporting to ensure delivery of key propositions through proactive shopper activation plans, including the set-up of showrooms and trade shows to support delivery of the customer plan and growth ambitions.
- To be an active member of the UK Commercial team.
- Own the Manchester showroom and office space: set up space ahead of seasonal launches with help from UK Commercil team, showroom maintenance, graphic updates and office management support.
- Preparing visual order book for the season, managing and coordinating sample request for customers
The must haves:
- Proven track record of planning and delivering projects with an understanding of Shopper Marketing
- Commercial acumen
- Experience of working in a multi-functional team & working in a matrix environment; managing key stakeholders across multiple working locations both internally & externally
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally
- Strong IT skills including Social Media, MS Office. Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and other Creative Suite tools strongly preferred
- Experience of managing multiple projects, deadlines and competing priorities
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Knowledge of competition law
- Prepared to travel UK
- Able to demonstrate a passion for bringing the voice of the shopper and customer into the business
- Able to deliver brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standards in everything you do
- Confident, professional, and articulate communicator
- Ability to challenge and recommend new ideas
- Tenacious, flexible, and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles