- Pentland Brands
- Permanent Full-Time
- Sales and Business Development
- UK-London, Finchley (Global Headquarters)
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Shopper Marketing Executive
This Finchley based role supports the Commercial Footwear team by ensuring our brands have the best possible presence in-store and online. As well as supporting the team in managing the customers who buy our shoes, the Shopper Marketing Exec will deliver a best in class purchasing experience for the shoppers who engage with our brands. This role ensures in-store displays and POS are executed in-line with brand standards. Reporting into the Shopper Marketing Manager, this position focuses on delivering tailored customer marketing plans for each of our customers and making certain our brands always look as strong as possible.
This role requires you to support the Shopper Marketing Manager in developing shopper marketing strategies across multiple brands and customers. Working with Brand Managers, Account Managers and directly with customers, this role provides an opportunity to bring our brands to life in a store and online environment.
- Support in delivering marketing activations that inspire and excite our customers and shoppers.
- Accountable for brand executions in-store and online, that stay true to our Brand House ambitions and align with our commercial calendar.
- Proposing activation plans for each customer. These plans will deliver the brand communication objectives across each touch points in our consumer’s purchasing journey. This could include seasonal promotions, product launches and new strategies to influence shopper behaviour.
- Partner with brand, digital & social media marketing teams to deliver 360 customer activation. Where relevant, agencies will to be worked with and tailored creative briefs may need to be written to deliver tailored customer content.
- Work closely with Account Managers and VM team to gain clear understanding of consumer and shopper needs and identify opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring clear internal communication of plans by keeping marketing calendar up to date.
- Basic budget management; raising POs and taking spend for all marketing activities.
- Develop POS materials and work with VM team to ensure these are used in-store correctly.
- Support Shopper Marketing Manager in ensuring all projects are completed on time, managed efficiently and ROI is measured. This will include the design and content decisions for customer- specific literature, customer events, VM store builds and digital executions.
- Monitor, evaluate and diagnose brand activation and competitors to ensure ongoing continuous improvement. Advise commercial teams on maximising return on our investment with the customer and improvement of go to market execution.
- Play a pivotal role within the Commercial Team, supporting Shopper Marketing Manager and Account Managers in delivering key propositions.
- Supporting in managing Lacoste PR agency
- Communicating activation plans to all internal teams, sharing learnings that allows us to work more effectively in a ‘One Pentland’ way
You need to have:
- Proven track record of planning and delivering projects, with a good understanding of Shopper Marketing
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Commercial acumen
- Experience of working in a multi-functional team & working in a matrix environment; managing a number of stakeholders across multiple working locations
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work confidently with people internally & externally
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to managing multiple projects, deadlines and competing priorities
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Understanding of retail and commercial environment
- Strong people skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Flexible and confident working in a fast-paced environment
- Prepared to travel within the UK and occasionally within Europe if required
- Some experience of managing agencies and creating briefs
- Able to demonstrate a passion for bringing the voice of the shopper and customer into the business
- Able to deliver brilliant execution, be thorough & apply high standards to everything you do
- Confident, professional and articulate communicator
- Commercially driven and looking to deliver ROI on all projects
- Prepared to challenge traditional ways of working and recommend new innovative ideas
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise
- Tenacious, flexible and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- An ambassador for Pentland Brands and our values
- Numerate, analytical and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking
- Confident when working with customers and internal stakeholder to implement solutions
- Able to work independently, as well as being a great team player
- Able to liaise and influence multiple people
- Ability to lead continuous improvement
- Able work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with matrix mind-set and build trust across multiple locations of work
- Confident working across multiple brands and projects simultaneously