Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As the Shopper Design & Merchandising Manager, you will support Pentland’s strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance on the Canterbury and Mitre brands and for the rugby and football categories. You will ensure the brand plans are delivered by leading the SD&M strategy to support Pentland to win in store with the shopper at the point of purchase.
- This position will require an experienced commercial manager with a proven track record of using analysis and insight to improve category led initiatives and identifying category opportunities in customers/markets.
- The role will also work closely with Insights and the Commercial teams to understand what insight/research is required for the brand to become category leaders in our customers.
- The role will work closely with the Sales & Planning and Brand team to implement a category leadership process that will identify measure and track key sales drivers to increase sales and profitability.
- This role will be expected to develop the global brand permanent retail standards and ensure they are delivered in all key customers and markets.
- Key to success in this position is the ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team of people. Using data and analysis is also central to this role where you will need to use insight to influence both internal and external stakeholders and to drive category growth.
- The role will have one direct report.
The role you’d play:
- Be the voice of the shopper in all internal meetings and workstreams that form part of the Annual Planning Cycle.
- Be the voice of the shopper as part of the product development and range planning process.
- Work with Product, Insights and Marketing to provide category data and support for the Customer teams during strategic sell-ins.
- Work with Insights to analyse product and category performance in our customers to provide recommendations to the Brand team on future development opportunities.
- Work with Sales & Planning and the brand team to ensure that category leadership is a competitive advantage for Pentland forming a key part of the customer team toolkit.
- Work with Insights to understand what research and data is required to identify category sales drivers in key customers.
- Work with key customer teams to drive and test category growth solutions such as education or POP solutions in priority retailers, before developing scalable solutions. Push to roll-out where the project is a success and proactively share learnings within the organization to shape and drive future category led initiatives.
- Work with the Sales & Planning & Brand team to provide the customer teams with the core range and seasonal product rankings by category and channel (including online).
- Analyse seasonal range performances in our customers and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Work with the Brand and Product team to recommend product layouts and planograms
- Develop relationships with key strategic customers, providing a trusted category leadership perspective for their ranging and Point of Purchase decisions.
- Own and lead budget tracking of the Teamsports SD&M budget, developing proposals for future budget requirements as part of the annual budget process.
- Coach sales on incorporating a category leadership approach in their sell-ins and how this will benefit the customer.
The must haves:
- Familiar with category leadership principals.
- Experienced commercial manager.
- High tenacity with a passion for delivering results.
- Strong communicator including influencing, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical & data driven, with the ability to translate strategy into action.
- Be passionate about Pentland brands, products and talent, driving collaboration across sites, brands and regions
- Confident, professional and articulate and demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at different levels and manage stakeholders
- Ability to work with matrix mind-set with strong cross functional working
- Understanding of shopper behaviour and trip missions
- Ability to lead continuous improvement
- Expertise of in-store visual merchandising
- Proficiency using key software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set and meet targets
- Creative thinking
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise behind areas adding greatest Pentland value
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.