Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
This position will require an experienced commercial manager with a proven track record of using analysis and insight to improve category led initiatives and identifying category opportunities in customers/markets.
This role will work closely with the Sales & Planning and Brand team to implement a category leadership process that will identify measure and track key sales drivers to increase sales and profitability. The role will work closely with Insights and Sales to understand what insight/research is required for the brand to become category leaders in our customers. This role will be expected to develop the global brand retail standards and ensure they are delivered in all key customers and markets.
Key to success in this position is the ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team of people. Using data and analysis is also central to this role where you will need to use insight to influence retailers and drive category growth.
- Work with Insights to analyse product and category performance in our customers to provide recommendations to the Brand team on future development opportunities.
- Support pricing strategy through analysis of retailer sales trends, competitors and buying behaviour.
- Work with Product, Insights and Marketing to provide category data and support for the Customer teams during strategic sell-ins.
- Work with Sales & Planning and the brand team to ensure that category leadership is a competitive advantage for Pentland forming a key part of the customer team toolkit.
- Work with Insights to understand what research and data is required to identify category sales drivers in key customers.
- Work with key customer teams to test and prove category growth solutions such as education or POP solutions before developing scalable solutions.
- Work with the Sales & Planning & Brand team to provide the customer teams with the core range and seasonal product rankings by category and channel (including online).
- Work with the Brand team to recommend product layouts and planograms including initiatives
- Analyse seasonal range performances in our customers and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Develop relationships with key strategic customers, providing a trusted category leadership perspective for their ranging and Point of Purchase decisions.
- Coach sales on incorporating a category leadership approach in their sell-ins and how this will benefit the customer.
What you need to have:
- Proven and successful commercial experience.
- Understand category leadership principles; category drivers, opportunities for growth and what insight/research is needed to develop a robust growth plan.
- Ability to work with the Brand teams to develop category leadership plans that are in line with the brand strategy.
- Flexibility to work with a variety of data sources from highly complex and analytical to anecdotal. You will need to be creative if data is limited and may have to get directly involved with shopper research to ensure you get what you need.
- Experience working directly with customers to provide category leadership support and insight.
- Excellent analytical skills including Excel with the ability to translate multiple data sources into simple insight and actions.
- Exceptionally strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills across multiple stakeholders.
- With excellent presentation skills including Powerpoint and a proven track record of delivery.
- Strong planning & organising skills.
What we need to see in you:
- Familiar with category leadership principals.
- Experienced commercial manager.
- High tenacity with a passion for delivering results.
- Strong communicator including influencing, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical & data driven, with the ability to translate strategy into action.
- Be passionate about Pentland brands, products and talent, driving collaboration across sites, brands and regions.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.