Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
This position will support the Shopper Design and Merchandising Manager to provide analysis and insight to improve category led initiatives and identify category opportunities in customers/markets.
This role will enable the highest level of visibility in-store across all channels to ensure Pentland brands are the shopper’s brand of choice whilst achieving maximum ROI for partners. This role will measure and track key sales drivers and work closely with Sales and the brand team to support delivery of the global retail marketing strategy. This role will be expected to support the development the brand retail standards and ensure they are delivered in all key customers and markets.
Key to success in this position is the ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team of people to ensure we win at the point of purchase in our key retailers and markets. The ability to use data and analysis is essential to identify growth opportunities for the future.
The role you’d play:
- Analyse retailer data and competitor activity to provide insight on current/future opportunities.
- Review key retailer range and fixtures to maximise growth opportunities and incorporate/propose to the brand team retailer requirements where appropriate eg. SMUs
- Provide category data and support for strategic sell-ins.
- Coach sales on incorporating a category leadership approach in their sell-ins and how this will benefit the customer.
- Work with manager to ensure the retailer in-store/online plans are in line with latest category and brand recommendations.
- Customise any brand POS/fixtures to work for key retailers (exc. PSCT)
- Analyse key retailers’ performance and request any retailer specific support required.
- Plan & generate best practice retail marketing initiatives to support and develop brand presence at point of purchase, ensuring all tools are trialled & ROI established
- Work with appropriate agencies and vendors to develop retail toolkits for global market needs. Work with supply to manage against global forecasts, monitor costs and stock holding for immediate orders
- Work with the Field marketing team to ensure they have the tools required to drive an increase in retail presence for Pentland brands in line with retail standards
- Maintain a global retail toolkit for all markets and channels as identified by the business strategy
- Key point of contact for focus partners for category support and activation toolkits. Actively encouraging uptake of the developed toolkit and sharing portfolio of retail with wider team and stakeholders
- Support Sales & Planning team with conference retail displays execution requirements & ensure conference set up is aligned with retail toolkit
What you need to have:
- Understanding of the retail environment across multiple trade channels
- Experience of working in retail and commercial understanding
- Understanding of shopper behaviour & trip missions
- Marketing principles understanding & experience
- Knowledge & experience of space planning
- Experience of in-store visual merchandising
- Highly Motivated
- Strong Project Management and MS office skills
- Good people, networking & communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work cross functionally
- Good presentation skills
What we need to see in you:
- An ambassador for the Pentland Brands
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise behind areas adding greatest Pentland value
- A self-starter approach to tasks
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Able to liaise and influence with people at all levels
- Ability to build partnership and trust with a customer
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent stake holder management skills
- Understanding of retail and commercial models
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.