To provide administrative support to the Pentland Shipping Services billing team and other associated divisions of Pentland. The role would suit an individual with some financial acumen who has excellent interpersonal & organisational skills. The person will enjoy working independently and as part of a team and be willing to take responsibility and ownership for their work. The role will require communication with all levels in the business plus liaison with some external logistic providers to ensure the costs incurred for Duty and Freight are relevant and accurate.The role that you would play
- By working closely with the Shipping Billing Coordinator, allocate all costs incurred for Freight, Ancillaries, Duty and VAT to the various recharge projects (Jobs) using the Shipping Recharge system. Ensure all freight rates charged are in line with pricing agreements with external providers; liaise with vendors to resolve any pricing discrepancies.
- In a timely fashion, recharge all costs to the brands and/or external customers, ensuring all invoices are interfaced to the Brands in SAP so that intercompany accounts are in balance between the brand/customer and Pentland Shipping.
- Use ‘Epayables’ (Accounts payable management system), to code invoices with correct general ledger cost and project codes prior to senior managers approval. Work closely with the central Accounts Payable department to ensure timely settlement of key transactions.
- Assist the Shipping team with EU export invoicing to our customers
- Support where necessary with administrative duties across the group
- Some month end activities for Pentland Shipping may be required e.g. the review of Freight and Duty ‘work in progress’ costs to support the Shipping Billing Coordinator in their role.
- Assistance will be required with other reasonable projects and duties as and when they arise
- General office responsibilities.
What you will bring:
- Some experience of using SAP would be an advantage.
- Good MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Demonstrate involvement in following defined system processes.
- Able to meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to customer’s needs.
- Able to build strong working relationships with senior management teams in Pentland Shipping and Pentland Distribution.
- Willing to take on all aspects of the role with enthusiasm.
- Take ownership and accountability for work.
- Willing to challenge processes, and look for continuous improvements to improve working efficiencies
- Well planned and organised.
- Fun and quick to learn.