Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
High level accountability
- Lead & responsible to drive the Offline key account relationship – including wholesalers and key accounts, mall developers, department store management, and decision makers in strategic POU’s - and accountable for delivery agreed commercial metrics including sell-in, sell out, stock turn, payment and order book management.
- Develop and propose annual trading terms and incentive schemes complying to company policies and procedures; implement and drive the approved trading terms and incentive schemes accordingly.
- Lead the implementation of sales and retail distribution strategies in China to deliver expected commercial results including retail sales, volume, profitability, per square meter productivity, like-for-like growth target, market share, forecast accuracy, cost and staff turnover.
- Lead & accountable to drive annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly KPIs and goal setting for the team – including sales delivery vs. forecasts as well as budget allocation vs. spend – and ensure regular tracking/analysis and review within the sales organizations.
- Protect Pentland brands’ position in the market, ensure high quality and consistencies of implementation across all channels in terms of brand image including retail operations, visual merchandising, pricing and promotional activities.
- Evaluate regularly customers’ credit situation and manage business risks proactively.
- Monitor closely market movement and sales development so to quickly capitalise on actions driving sales and growth opportunities or cost efficiency (e.g. achieving adequate stock on hand).
- Provide adequate training and coaching to the sales management teams on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement of sales operations and management.
- Assist and support Head of Commercial in developing business plans, commercial plans, annual budget plans and driving related business planning processes.
- Support in planning and delivery of national sales conferences and other strategic sales meetings.
- Ensure a joined-up approach with online channels (retail) in order to best achieve omni channel delivery.
- Work cross functionally with Brand Planning team to identify business growth opportunities and develop activities to optimize growth.
- Collaborate and align with related functions in terms of company priorities and sales strategies so to achieve business objectives.Leadership and people
- Direct the development of sales and sales operations in all offline channels by working cross functionally to create annual operating plans and longer-term plans that are aligned with company direction.
- Build business proposals with clarity and commercial acumen and share with the appropriate stakeholders in the right way and at the right time.
- To play a key role in supporting the wider Pentland channel & distribution growth strategy – working brilliantly with the central sales & planning teams and feeding back / advising how we can win in China.
- Lead & manage our external agencies & business partners to meet agreed targets.
- Internal – China Leadership Team, Customer Service Team, Supply Team, Brand Planning team, DC Operation team
- External – All key accounts, Business partners, Distributors, Developers, Department Store managers and management of top POU’s
- Pentland China Leadership Team
- China cross-functional team that delivers the brands plans including direct in-brand teams (e.g. Category/Product, Digital/Social, Content Creation) and Offline Commercial team
- Pentland Asia, particularly Finance & HR, CR team, Operations team based across China & the UK
- Agencies & consultants – eCommerce platforms, TP, Fulfilment, Digital Marketing & Media agencies
- Marketplace retailers and partners (in collaboration with retail and strategic accounts team)
What you need to have:
- Significant experience of managing sales and distribution through different business models such as wholesale and retail
- Significant experience of working with a global or multi-national brand and in multi-culture environment
- Experienced at National Sales Manager level within branded FMCG, Sports, Leisure or Fashion sectors with deep understanding of major key accounts and China market
- Strong understanding with experience in both retail and wholesale operations and delivering multiple KPIs incl. sales value, volume, margins, discounts, credit, stock turn & order book.
- Shrewd negotiator – Formal negotiation training desired
- Strong planning & organisation skills
- Strong people skills and leadership
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.