Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Manage and direct a team to deliver products across multiple categories which encompass the needs of our consumers, partners and markets; ensuring they deliver against the commercial and brand targets to support Speedo’s growth ambitions. The role dimensions are:
- 3 direct reports (5 total team)
- Adult & Junior product ranges across competitive, fitness and leisure segments
- £10k budgetary responsibility
The role you’d play:
- Manage the delivery of the annual product ranges including; range architecture, SCO count and productivity, product mix, pricing strategy, product segmentation, margin to build the category commercially.
- Consolidate product information (e.g. features & benefits, range architecture) and support Brand, Shopper Marketing and Shopper Design & Merchandising teams with creation of supporting material.
- Own the product briefing process with design to ensure the company Speedo Business Plan is delivered according to specified KPI’s and milestones for the brand.
- Deliver and execute key critical path meetings and milestones to ensure business deadlines are met.
- Identify and support implementation of process improvement opportunities.
- Working with the Category, Brand and Commercial teams to deliver product opportunities that drive brand growth and/or perception with key retailers and in key markets.
- Operate effectively in a matrix structure and in keeping with Pentland’s principles, working closely with key functional teams:
- Category Strategy & Planning, Business Development Directors, Product, Innovation, Design, Product Development, Brand, Sourcing, Finance, Legal, Insights, Shopper Design & Merchandising, Shopper Marketing.
The must haves:
- Product management experience, preferably in swimwear or an apparel category.
- Experience of working across global markets and strategic customers.
- Working understanding of product lifecycle management.
- Strong understanding of the consumer experience and translating needs into product benefits.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills and ability to translate this into results.
- Proven influencing skills with excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas and gain commitment at a senior level.
- Responsive to change and proactive in solving problems.
- Driven by delivery; self-motivated with a resilience to drive initiatives from beginning to end.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.