Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
A leader in the development of medium-long term product category strategy that drives brand growth in hardgoods categories, markets & retailers. This role is critical in the planning and execution of consumer-led ranges that are compelling to our shareholders, partners, retailers and shoppers and deliver against our brands commercial targets, strategic priorities and brand positioning.
The role dimensions are:
- 4 direct reports
- Adult & Kids product ranges across all hardgoods
- £10k budgetary responsibility
- Accountable for annual tooling budget
The role you’d play:
- A senior manager and role-model within the brand’s product team.
- Lead and manage the hardgoods product team you are responsible for your team’s individual development, annual reviews and workload.
- Delivery of annual hardgoods plan in line with Head of Category targets and brief.
- Accountable for annual and seasonal plans including range architecture, SCO count and productivity, product mix, product segmentation and margin to meet agreed brand objectives.
- Highlight opportunities for growth within the category as part of the brand planning process in order to support the building of an achievable brand strategy.
- Lead on the delivery of the product roadmap ensuring product solutions are in line with brand and product strategy.
- Manage product lifecycle and churn levels in order to deliver agreed commercial and brand KPIs.
- Identify market opportunity and consumer need for innovation and NPD (new product development) and feed into the brand planning process.
- Work with the Pentland Research and Development team to build commercially feasible solutions that support and deliver to consumer needs and brand plans.
- Lead vendor landscape mapping with cross functional leads in UK, Hong Kong and China.
- Become an expert on hardgoods, building a deep knowledge and understanding of key markets, competitors, vendors and manufacturing and responsible for sign off across all licensee product.
- Operate effectively in a matrix structure, working closely with key functional teams across; Commercial, Category Strategy & Planning, Brand, Research and Development, Design, Development, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal and Insights.
The must haves:
- Strong understanding of how to gain and translate consumer needs into product.
- Experience in leading and developing teams of product managers, managing cross-functional matrix teams and working / collaborating effectively across a matrixed business.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the end to end concept-to-consumer (C2C) process.
- Proven ability to propose, implement and deliver strategic initiatives.
- Able to create buy-in, support and belief in their plans within the organisation.
- Perceived as credible and an expert in their area with an ability to challenge upwards and across functions to drive initiatives through to completion.
- Strongly analytical, solution driven and result oriented; able to consider both the bigger picture and scrutinise detail when necessary.
- Excellent in presentation and interpersonal skills. Able to convey complex issues simply and communicate with conviction and awareness of functional, cultural and regional differences.
- Ability to manage key stakeholders in a matrix organisation
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.