Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- Provide technical expertise to development team members. Coaching and support to build product development capability and capacity resource to meet current and future needs of the product category
- Initiate seasonal development research and provide input from seasonal development research to support Design & Category to allow inclusion of innovation and differentiation into Seasonal Product Briefs
- Provide technology input to product direction, enabling brands to deliver stylish premium products
- Provide specific product specialism and promote commercial transition of technologies into ranges, optimising advances in new technology and speed to market
- Maintain an awareness of specific market intelligence and innovation with a consideration on upholding Brand standards
- Seasonal development research to support Design and Category to allow inclusion of innovation and differentiation into Seasonal Product Briefs.
- Support Head of Development to investigate potential new Vendors and material Suppliers, keeping up with the current market place
- In liaison with Design, amend or select suitable lasts and tooling to ensure that all product meets the Footwear Division Standards
- Responsibility of review with Design all outsole and componentry Blue Prints, Wood Models and Rapid Prototypes before communicating final approval to open mould(s), negotiating and monitoring costs incurred.
- Responsibility for all aspects of product manufacture feasibility and overall cost management/validation to margin requirements - support a team culture of rigorous ‘end to end’ effective cost engineering and cost breakdown analysis
- Manage the price structure for the specific Range responsible for, with effective pre-costing scrubbing CBDs to ensure product achieve target or improved margins whilst maintaining FWD product values of quality and comfort.
- Integration of Quality and CI feedback loops – Risk assessment to ensure early identification and input on product construction, testing, regulatory and safety compliance, manufacturing capability and efficiencies.
- Interface with Asia team counterparts to optimise development process and prototype approval, empowering ‘close to source’ responsibilities – driving development ‘Efficiency’ and ‘Effectiveness’.
- Completion and translation of all development documentation ensuring clarity and understanding throughout the supply chain to agreed timescales
- Monitor critical path to ensure OTIF on all seasonal product creation tasks, escalating exceptions to Head of Development.
- Seasonal development trips to Asia and Europe to assist Design in efficient engineering of product briefs.
- Co-ordinate weekly team catch up meetings between Design and Development
- Ensure Insight and customer needs are at the center of the Development team decision making and Product engineering
The must haves:
- Footwear product development and relevant industry relevant experience.
- Solid relevant experience gained within the footwear industry
- Excellent knowledge across competitor sector
- Fitting specialist experience
- Preferred people management skills
- Coaching skills
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- A desire to work collaboratively across the Business
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise work and multi task.
- Good Microsoft office skills
- Design and development packages experience – Adobe Packages
Needs to be:
- Have integrity, presence, strength of personality and a sense of humour.
- Ability to integrate cross functionally and make things happen.
- Ability to operate and communicate at a senior level.
- A good communicator / listener.
- Have gravitas and engender respect.
- Continuous desire to discover ways to improve processes and activities
- Inspire confidence through drive and enthusiasm
- Committed to the brand, passionate, honest
- Exceptionally well organised, able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Self-sufficient and comfortable working with minimum of supervision
- Demonstrates strong initiative, a can-do attitude and a flexible approach
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.