Pentland Brands have a rich and remarkable history of pioneering brands that make life better, and we’re looking for a passionate Senior Product Developer to come and join the Berghaus team in Sunderland as we continue our journey to put this brand back on the outdoors map and reclaim our status as one of the originals.
As Senior Product Developer you will lead the development of compelling outdoor products that will delight our consumers. Working collaboratively with the Design and Merchandising teams to deliver the end-to-end product development process. Supporting on-time development of all garments using advanced product engineering techniques, ensuring consumer relevance, optimal cost, quality assurance, reliability, and speed-to-market.
The role you’d play as Senior Product Developer:
- Delivery of all projects on time and to cost, through rigorous product/cost engineering and manufacturing feasibility assessment.
- Co-engineer cost saving solutions with design to achieve seasonal margin targets, balancing creativity, and functionality with profit, taking direction from Merchandising leads.
- Interface with Asia team counterparts to optimise development process and prototype approval, empowering ‘close to source’ responsibilities.
- Ensure consumer needs are at the centre of development decision making and product engineering.
- Actively research market, trends, and industry innovations.
- Integration of Quality and CI feedback loops – to ensure early identification and input on product construction, testing, manufacturing capability and efficiencies.
- Confidently lead fitting sessions and proto reviews with product team for assigned products, instruct amendments to vendors to ensure prototypes accurately reflect construction specifications.
- Share technical expertise with development team members to support building specific product specialisms, to meet current and future needs of the product category.
- Build strategies alongside Manager that drive competencies within the scope of product creation
What you’d bring as Senior Product Developer:
- Technical product development experience within sports/outdoor apparel; working knowledge of garment construction methods in multiple fabrications (woven, knit, & engineered knits) and product categories desirable.
- Experience engineering patterns and garments to enhance margin, improve fit and reduce waste.
- Knowledge of PLM systems advantageous.
- Natural leadership, coaching and development mindset.
- Consumer focused with a strong performance product bias and an inherent technical curiosity.
- Ability to think creatively, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate at pace with flexibility, initiative and be solution orientated.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of urgency, collaborative mindset.
- Ability to identify, work with and influence key stakeholders.
- Curiosity for change and learning, capable of managing ambiguity.
- Proficiency in MS office (Excel/Word/Outlook), Adobe Illustrator.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working (we work Monday & Friday from home, Tuesday – Thursday we are office based)
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead.
We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.Apply for this position