Senior Planner - Canada, Ontario, Toronto (Liberty Village Area)
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
Building brands for the world to love, generation after generation.
Pentland Brands Limited is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and lifestyle brands. It owns Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and Mitre. It is the UK licensee for Kickers and has a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Its products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
As a family business, we believe every individual has the power to help shape our future. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
The Senior Planner will be responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing, complex business models and concepts or techniques for financial planning and control. Additional responsibilities will include preparing recommendations based on financial planning information and forecasting of future performance; identification of trends and making recommendations for improvements. They will also conduct market research and prepare economic reports on subjects such as sales, stock and gross margin by category, commodity and style. The incumbent is expected to identify opportunities to increase Sales, Inventory Turnover and Profitability thereby increasing wholesale shipments.
- Market Analysis in designing and delivering financial business dashboards that measure all aspects of actual and potential sales activity and performance across all Brands and Divisions;
- Market Analysis in reporting on a regular basis the Canadian business’ status against, and ability to meet, its strategic and operational objectives;
- Work closely with key stakeholders to deliver the data and tools necessary to accurately and effectively analyze and review all sales information
- Assist in collecting and analyzing cost data versus budget for ascertaining financial performance and risk assessment.
- Help create and enforce business processes, procedures and rules for all financial reporting;
- Analyze store data to improve flow strategies based on inventory levels, stock capacity, visual layout and design process improvements
- Assists in development of monthly Forecast, Annual budget process, Strategic plans
- Analyzes cost center detail and explains variances
- Prepares monthly and year-to-date financial reports: to be distribute to management.
- Participation in the preparation and enhancement of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages for internal and external purposes
- Forecasting accountability
- Budget accountability
- Tracking and monitoring of results
- Risk and opportunity management and execution
- Development of control processes
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the retail industry
- Minimum 2-3 years combined experience in planning and finance
- Previous experience strongly desired in Financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- 3+ years industry experience a strong asset
- Demand Planning, Retail planning and SAP
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or in a related field
- Detail oriented and organized
- Flexible and able to prioritize tasks.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with high credibility at all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate flexibility, strong commitment to meeting deadlines, and solid decision-making skills
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
Speedo and Pentland Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to disclose salary history information.Apply for this position