Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Provide a high level of personalised/bespoke support to the Executive Team Member (max 1) or Brand Directors (max 2) to enable delivery of the Strategic Plan and Pentland’s longer term growth ambitions.
- Extensive diary management – organising all aspects of diary. Includes organising meetings both internally and externally, travel logistics (UK and International)
- Arranging UK and International travel, including flights, trains, hotels, visas, airport transfers, lunch/dinner reservations, managing itineraries and booking meetings
- Long term calendar management ensuring annual cyclical activities run smoothly (meetings, planning & preparation) and schedule review to ensure on-time delivery of key pieces of work
- Managing Inbox
- Ensuring actions and information requests are followed up appropriately
- Researching, sourcing and general preparation for any events or meeting
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships and communications with multitude of contacts and stakeholders, internally and externally
- Assisting in any satellite projects going across Pentland Brands
- Regular handling of confidential and sensitive information with the upmost discretion
- Collating monthly UK and international expense claims
- Leading on the organisation of team engagement and wellbeing events whether that’s within function/brand or location
- Taking a pivotal role in the creation, development and retention of the Business Support community, creating opportunities for reflection, sharing of best practice – both internal and external.
- Personally engaging and networking externally to bring best practice to Pentland, including new technologies, or ways of working to bring new thinking to the Business Support community and better ways of working for our Leadership Team.
- Supporting Exec Team Members or Brand Directors with external stakeholders, partners and visitors, including influencers, brand ambassadors, athletes and industry figures.
- Supporting the preparation for visits, stakeholder engagement and events with research and preparation including but not limited to the press releases, social media exposure and industry/media activity.
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing meetings including venue, refreshments, on-line and AV set up, agenda preparation, blocking preparation time, co-ordinating inputs, preparing papers and typing minutes as required
- Managing local and international events from concept stage to delivery
- Organising team day events from sourcing a venue to arranging activities, catering etc.
- May involve managing a team of PAs/TAs within a location or across a function/brand, supporting the resolution of workload conflicts, flexibility of resource to support absence or large events, supporting setting objectives, as well as encouraging regular stakeholder feedback.
- Managing people processes for leader’s direct reports including leave requests, absence processes, checking of expenses before passing for approval, new starter set up (including IT equipment and network set up) and co-ordinating the performance review process.
- Supporting the inductions of senior team members
- Managing projects through to completion on behalf of exec member
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve current processes and increase efficiency and effectiveness within the teams
- Supporting on functional projects for the delivery of Pentland’s strategic objectives
What you need to have:
- Several years relevant experience of working as an assistant at a senior level in a matrix organisation
- Event and Project Management experience ideal
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of how to put presentations and briefings together
- High level of attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to understand and anticipate needs to ensure appropriate outcomes
- Ability to identify and manage the need for Exec involvement and approval
- Ability to remain confidential and professional with sensitive people related data and information
What we need to see in you:
- An ambassador for the function/brand and Pentland
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations on delivery
- Able to work and deliver under own initiative and build support networks
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Able to liaise & build relationships with people at all levels
- Discreet with sensitive/confidential information
- Able to influence and constantly seeking to improve how we work
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
- Calm under pressure
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.