Job title: Senior National Account Manager: Sports Fashion, JD Sports
Location: Home/Field Based, with travel required when needed.
Creating value for Pentland Brands in this strategically important customer through ensuring our product propositions are accessible to our shopper & consumers at the relevant point of purchase in an effective and efficient way.
Work cross functionally within this Customer via thorough account penetration and internally via solid collaboration to ensure our Brands & products are desirable, visible, and available.
Responsibility for Pentland Brands Footwear within JD Sports.
Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPI’s of Pentland brands business within JD Sports.
Accountability for achieving and surpassing annual turnover and profit targets by brand, by fascia within this Priority Customer.
Significant stakeholder management, working across key personnel within Pentland, JD Sports, Lacoste JV, and the Lacoste brand at a local and global level.
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- Working closely with the JD buying & merchandising teams: monitor, challenge & lead course-correction recommendations for each of our footwear brands as required to deliver turnover & profit goals.
- Lead the creation and implementation of ambitious long-term growth strategies for the brands in line with Pentland and mother brand customer vision to maximise revenue opportunities, manage the cost base of the business to achieve sustainable profits and provide a stable platform for the expansion of the business long term.
- Design, deliver and execute aligned customer joint business plans (1-3 years) that deliver against the financial, go to market / brand presence and efficiency targets.
- Support annual trade terms negotiations, lead creative thinking behind trading variables & ensure legal compliance in line with Pentland strategy
- Manage the investment within the account (including all discretionary spend) ensuring we maximise return and deliver the agreed sale/profit targets.
- Utilise data and insight to scope, recommend and execute plans/opportunities/mitigate risk and drive efficiency opportunities within JD Sports across the Pentland brands business for all areas of the business from trade marketing to operations.
- Manage the sell-in process of footwear brands ensuring delivery of key propositions through the persuasive selling framework and an emphasis on thorough preparation, an excellent understanding of customer needs and a focus of achieving clear goals.
- Responsibility for internal influence & engagement across the division to align and deliver plans & to bring in a deep understanding of customer & shopper needs into Pentland
- To take overall responsibility for assigned brands procurement & analysis of sell-in, sell out, stock turn and order book management including overdue order book, customer marketing plan and all assigned KPI’s.
- Regular monthly meetings and interaction with Lacoste Key brand stakeholders in Paris and Lacoste UK, aligning to brand & joint JD strategies, working collaboratively to drive excellence.
- Work closely with the Lacoste Paris & Lacoste JV, ensuring a 'one voice' approach in Customer, Shopper and Consumer communications.
- Improve distribution, availability and visibility across all Pentland Brands by landing compelling and channel relevant propositions that engage our consumers driving mental and physical availability.
- Work closely with the marketing teams of JD Sports, Pentland Shopper Marketing and Pentland Creative Agency to win with the Shopper at point of purchase by owning space and growing market share.
What you will bring:
- Proven record of achievement in sales and an unwavering desire to succeed.
- Experience at NAM level or above.
- Extensive understanding of the key consumer types within this channel and be able to articulate their wants and needs.
- Extensive understanding of the competitor landscape within this channel.
- Extensive understanding of the Sports Fashion Channel.
Ability to own projects and work cross functionally to deliver vs deadlines.
Outstanding attention to detail.
You demonstrate a passion for bringing the voice of the customer, shopper and consumer into our business
You have strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
You can liaise and influence peer groups, in customers, brands and within all Pentland Functions
- Strength of personality
- Fashion awareness
- Passionate about fashion & brands
- Team player
- Hands on, self-starter
- High level of energy & enthusiasm
- Results Driven
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.