Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Reporting to the Merchandise Manager, this role is responsible for supporting brand sourcing activities and merchandising operations.
Needs to Do:
- Manage and execute merchandising operations including capacity, stock holding and on-time delivery;
- Manage and execute SAP system related transactions and data governance
- Monitor production status, input updated price, quantity, delivery and shipment details into SAP
- Plan and perform seasonal costing negotiation with vendors
- Lead and manage vendor relationships for day-to-day operations in terms of service level agreement and the calendar milestones
- Inspire, lead and manage the merchandising team to achieve business objectives and develop team capability
- Drive, monitor and report KPI for vendors, follow up corresponding actions to continuous improvement.
- Develop joint business plan with key vendors to fulfil business needs and seek continuous improvement
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve processes and ways of working, like SOP and framework setup
- Work alongside the UK Product Management team and Asia Product development team to understand brands directions, review product development progress against seasonal calendar and solve issue to ensure on time delivery
- Work cross-functionally with the UK Category team and Asia colleagues in supporting the manager in driving the development and implementation of sourcing strategies
- Keep abreast of market and raw material price trend for cost management and facilitate negotiation
What you need to have:
- 7+ years’ merchandising experience, preferably in garment, textiles industries;
- Sound knowledge of supply chain management on global basis, good understanding of strategic sourcing
- Effective calendar management in an International Brand, Retail or FMCG environment;
- Experience in working directly with vendors and ability to drive performance;
- Strong Knowledge of product costing, SAP or other ERP systems;
- Sportswear/ Outdoor product knowledge (Preferred);
- Project management experience (Preferred);
- Strong communication and interpersonal & coordination skills in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proficient numeracy skills & Good MS Excel, PPT skills
- Strong at team and vendor management
- Strong analytical and negation skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail;
What we need to see in you:
- A good team player
- Responsible, proactive with a high level of self-initiative
- Well organized and result-oriented, sensitive to figures
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Mandarin;
- Prepared to have occasional travel to China and overseas when necessary.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.