Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- To lead the Licensing Management Team within the Active Division, you will support our Active brands in managing their licensed business categories and markets effectively and efficiently to deliver on brand product whilst protecting revenue.
- Ensuring the licensee base is focused to support brand growth categories/strategic plans.
- Define and continually improve the tools provided to our licensees to enable them to deliver globally aligned product standards and handwriting.
- You will ensure that all licensees are managed appropriately, meeting product and contractual requirements, whilst minimising pull on brand teams.
- Maintain clear SLAs between licensee and licensor, ensuring that appropriate guidelines, calendars and meetings are planned and completed.
- Responsible for managing Global Licensed Partners, ensuring delivery of on brand product and royalty income.
- Builds and manages long term relationship with licensees.
- Responsible for embedding new processes with the Licensee Portfolio.
- Responsible for ensuring all new licensees meet brand standards for design and product execution.
- To be jointly accountable with the BDM’s for ensuring that JBP’s/annual licensed product strategies are in place for all licensees. Tracks and measures execution against plan, identifying potential shortfalls and developing contingency plans.
- Monitoring royalty income against contractual requirements and agreeing required actions with key stakeholders.
- Own the contractual process and coordination elements of licensing management in-line with the brands strategy and guidelines ensuring contracts deliver aligned product direction and commercial growth.
- Lead, manage and develop the Licensing Management Team, to achieve objectives and improve performance and skills.
The must haves:
- Prior knowledge and experience of licensing in a commercial, or brand function
- Strong track record of managing and developing licensee relationships across a variety of categories and territories.
- Experience of contract negotiations.
- Commercial understanding of the value of licensing within a brand environment.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven and extensive experience of successfully managing multiple stakeholders.
- Strong presenting, persuading and negotiating skills
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, and presentation).
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and matrix organization
- Above average analytical skills, strong systematic and numeric capability
- Understanding of product lifecycle management (concept-to-consumer) would be advantageous.
Needs to be:
- Highly result oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, and self-driven.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business demands.
- Commercially astute, and able to challenge thinking/rationale across multiple stakeholder levels.
- Diligent and process-orientated; able to set up and manage processes, holding stakeholders to account for delivering in the areas they’re responsible for
- A collaborative relationship builder with an ability to proactively work across multiple stakeholders, often with competing priorities and objectives, in order to deliver long-term value for our brands
- Objective and commercial; ensuring that agreements are working and delivering value for licensee and licensor
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.