Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Overall purpose and Role summary:
A fantastic role for a recently qualified Finance professional with strong experience of using Finance Reporting and Planning Systems , who is keen to develop commercial skills in a varied role. Reporting to the Senior FP&A Manager this role will be responsible for improving and standardising delivery of management information to senior stakeholders. The role will work closely with Finance teams across the business to support the delivery of monthly financial performance, Forecasts and Budgets in an accurate and consistent format, across our portfolio of brands, regions & functions. The role will work closely with IT to optimise use of our existing Finance Systems suite and make improvements to it. The role will also work closely with the Financial Control and Management Accounts team to ensure there is appropriate governance in place over financial management information in the Finance Systems
Needs to do:
- Responsible for the provision of complex financial management information support across the business.
- Perform ledger and master data build and maintenance
- Design, build and maintain reports, using SAP & Hyperion
- Build and maintain reporting templates
- Maintain, produce & distribute fully automated reports
- Work closely with finance teams across the business (Brand, Customer, Supply Chain) to ensure our financial reporting is consistent.
- Drive continuous improvement of our management information reporting through promoting process excellence for planning and reporting processes through automation and consistency of processes across brands, regions & functions.
- Play a key role in delivering accurate and action-driving functional cost and marketing reporting, working closely with Finance Business Partners and Management accounting teams
- Partner senior stakeholders across the business to ensure our financial reporting meets their needs.
- Work closely with overseas regions to ensure we are consistent in our reporting across Pentland.
- Support newly acquired brands (SeaVees & Endura) with monthly reporting as well as Budget and Forecasts to ensure they align with existing brands.
- Manage transfer of Budget / Forecast data from Hyperion Planning to SAP & HFM, working closely with the IT team to ensure this is fully reconciled.
- Be a super user of the Hyperion Planning & Consolidation tool & SAP, supporting the wider finance community on use of these systems.
- Actively support the development of the FP&A Reporting Analyst in the FP&A Team through knowledge sharing, coaching or mentoring as appropriate.
What you need to have:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Expereience of and a desire to learn more about, reporting/ planning in Finance Systems.
- Experience of Hyperion Planning/ HFM/ SAP would be strong advantage but not essential.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced level of analytical skill
- Able to assimilate, comment on and make proposals which apply data and business intelligence.
- Experience juggling workloads and meeting deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel / Powerpoint
- Experience in financial modelling would be an advantage
Needs to be:
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills
- An ability to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Confident and willing to challenge ways of working
- Independent and self-motivated, with good problem-solving skills
- A fast learner who is keen to develop new skills
This job description is not exhaustive; the role will involve supporting other team members and their deliverables and taking on other projects on an ad-hoc basis.