Senior Financal Analyst, Trading – Speedo USA
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
As a result of the recent acquisition of Speedo North America by Pentland, over the next 6 months, we will be setting up a new Commercial FP&A Function within Pentland North America. This role will play a critical role in standing up the structure of this new vertical and support ongoing Finance needs.
- Support the build of insightful financial reporting for Pentland North America. This will include, but not be limited to, channel profitability models and segmented P&Ls (the US, Canada and eCommerce) working across different distribution models and brands
- Become Super User for our new analytical tools which will result in the creation of automated and insightful reports that utilise the full capability of the systems
- Undertake required templating and mapping of Speedo North America P&L with a specific focus on sales to contribution (product class and channel)
- Setting up automated and informative financial models that support Commercial and Trading activity
HOW YOU WILL MAKE LONG TERM IMPACT:
- Financial Planning and Commercial Analysis of historic Speedo USA Performance
- Monthly management reporting pack collation including working with wider finance team to analyze and explain key month end variances
- Commercial analysis of Speedo profitability
- Identification of opportunities to improve performance and minimize risk
- Support budgeting & forecasting process for annual and long-term strategic plans
- Support delivery of a robust annual budgeting and forecasting process aligned to Speedo and wider Group needs
- Develop and implements financial goals metrics and KPIs to continuously improve brand and geographical performance
- Financial modelling and business case development to support decision making, operating model definition and strategic plans
- Business partnering across Speedo USA Leadership team to translates strategic direction into financial forecast and budgets
- Commercial analysis of feasibility of strategic plans including providing challenge to cost owners and Finance Leadership on new proposals
- Ad-hoc commercial analysis across channel and product profitability
- Preparation of board ready presentations that provides a succinct overview of new proposals
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ambitious Finance professional with exposure within FP&A / Commercial Finance
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- PowerPoint and Advanced Excel
- Naturally demonstrates skills including adaptability and pro-activity
- Excited to be part of a fast-paced and evolving business
- Evidence of collaboration across the Finance and non-Finance community, building strong relationships at different levels of seniority.
- Financial system experience (SAP or Hyperion)
- Eye for detail, while recognizing bigger picture
- Articulate and able to explain reasons for performance, being able to spot trends and review own work for inaccuracies.
- Proactive and able to manage numerous pieces of work concurrently.
- Work effectively both independently and as a team player.
- Comfortable working with agility and pace and able to juggle and prioritize.