Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Facilities Manager will lead the London team in delivering professional and compliant Facilities Management (FM) and Health and Safety support. Pentland Brands is home to some of the most iconic brands in sportswear, outdoor fashion and footwear including, Speedo, Canterbury, Berghaus, Mitre, Ellesse and Karen Millen. The Senior FM will be responsible for ensuring that the business has the appropriate level of FM services and support for their operational requirements. The Senior Facilities Manager will work with the Facilities Director and the UK FM Risk Manager to develop the operating structure which supports a consistent delivery of FM, H&S and Risk Management services. The Senior FM will play an important role in areas such as supply chain development, cost control, refurbishment projects and property/asset management planning. There will also be a collective focus on Energy Management and Sustainability for buildings across the Pentland estate and the Senior FM will contribute to driving these important initiatives.
General Facilities Management:
- Ensure the delivery of Facilities Management services to a high standard. Identifying opportunities that will continuously improve all aspects of FM operations
- Focus on quality of service delivery, ensuring best practice and a “OnePentland” approach
- Overall responsibility for all soft services incl. Reception services, Postroom, Catering/Vending, Cleaning, Security, meeting rooms, events management etc.
- Lead the Energy Management and Environmental/Sustainability focus for FM
- Support the development of FM contracts and contractor management
- Contribute to FM Procurement strategy and benchmarking projects
- Responsibility for the delivery of FM Helpdesk services and systems
- Support and lead the management of all Hard Services Incl. Asset Management across M&E plant, Buildings & Equipment and PPM scheduling
- Ensure records are created and maintained for building (site log books) to demonstrate full operational procedures are followed
- Property Management, working with Facilities Director, Finance, Legal, Divisional/Brand Heads on service charges, rates and lease requirements
- Manage office space utilisation and continuously develop “ways of working”
- Lead and develop the management of on/off site storage requirements
- Management and reporting of Facilities budgets supported by Finance business partner
Health and Safety:
- Day to day responsibility for local level management of the Pentland H&S Management system
- Manage the Risk and Compliance reporting to the UK FM Risk Manager
- Work with business heads and managers to ensure that they understand their responsibilities with regards to H&S for their teams
- Manage site audits for Policy and Compliance to agreed standards, including liaison with internal/external auditors
- Ensure suitable and appropriate training is delivered to your teams to build risk awareness and develop/maintain H&S management skills
- Lead the local management team for Contractor Safety Management and Project Management for ALL works and events at your nominated sites
- Lead the local management of Accident Reporting process
- Manage local H&S budgets
- Work with UK FM Risk Manager to continuously review the suppliers and contractors providing H&S services
- Lead and support the local site evacuation and emergency procedures
Contractor Safety Management:
Lead and support the team to:
- Maintain the safety management system for contractors, including induction processes, permits to work, CDM Site Safety Plans etc.
- Ensure that reviews of all third-party Safe Systems of Work are undertaken
- Ensure all contractors have the appropriate accreditations and insurances
- Assist with the Quality Management process for appointing and managing suppliers and contractors
Management of Statutory Compliance:
Lead and support the team to ensure full compliance of:
- Life Safety Systems compliance i.e. Fire Fighting Equipment and Detection Systems
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Asbestos Management
- Compliance with M&E maintenance requirements i.e. Periodic Fixed Wire Inspections, Water Management, F-Gas and Environmental, Insurance Engineering Inspections etc.
- Workshop audits and equipment training/maintenance
Business Continuity (BC) Management/Security:
- Lead the team for emergency response/management of site level BC
- Work with team colleagues, BC Sponsors to assist in the development of Business Continuity Management and Emergency Plans
- Lead internal teams and work with external third parties to ensure the safety and security of the Pentland sites
What you need to have:
- Proven experience of leading a Facilities Management function incl. service partners
- Experience of working within a customer/tenant focused environment
- Experience of managing budgets and service charge accounts
- Focused on high standards of service delivery and best value solutions
- Be able to prioritise workload, work to tight deadlines, plan, organise and monitor several activities at the same time.
- Health and Safety related experience and/or qualifications (IOSH Managing Safely as a minimum)
- Proven experience of developing people and Performance Management
- Ability to delegate as required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- A practical working knowledge of Word and Excel are required.
Specific Qualifications and Industry Memberships:
- Minimum of IOSH Managing Safely but NEBOSH General Certificate preferred
- Industry Membership such as the (IWFM) Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (preferable) or (RICS) Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- A recognised Project Management qualification
What we need to see in you:
Extensive Knowledge of:
- H&S Workplace Legislation
- Project Management
- Statutory Compliance requirements
- FM best practice and Technical Building Services
- Contractor and Contracts management skills
- BCP and Emergency Planning
- Working knowledge of developing KPI’s and SLA’s for service providers
Able to Demonstrate:
- Leadership qualities that are inclusive and influential across all levels of an organisation and takes ownership and accountability for work
- High calibre of management and organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise own and others workload appropriately
- Exceptional communication skills both orally and written with the ability to analyse data and prepare reports on findings
- Proactive and highly motivated with a can-do attitude with a hands-on-approach, a strong team player
- Think creatively and pragmatically in resolving problems
- External and internal networking skills
Other Requirements of the role:
- Possible Regional and UK travel – Driving License required
- Occasional O/night stays
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Flexible approach to working and the ability to work outside of normal working hours, for example Emergency Planning/Operations
- From time to time to attend public or other external industry meetings/conferences
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.