Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
A strategic hire to play a critical role in Pentland’s next phase of Digital transformation. A rounded eCommerce role that provides leadership but is hands on in the delivery of our ecommerce ambition and digital product strategy.
Broad expertise across the end-to-end ecommerce journey with the ability to challenge current practice and instill best in class digital propositions.
Ensure that there are robust plans in place that are actionable and adjusts these to deliver commercial benefit to the business combined with consumer value. Expert understanding of digital platforms to ensure that they showcase the brand and product in the best possible way, whilst driving brand awareness, advocacy, and sales.
The ability to work cross functionally and influence key stakeholders across the business. Strong knowledge of performance marketing and the commercial levers that drive profitability. Experience in building brands digitally utilizing data to inform decision making and developing propositions.
The role you’d play:
- Apply a strategic lens to digital growth initiatives, ensuring activities are in support of the brand(s) ambition.
- Responsible for forging strong relationships with key stakeholders delivering the brand and regional vision in a digital context.
- In collaboration with the Brand teams define the global and regional site templates, proactively ensuring that digital product propositions the online brand activations are compelling and resonate with consumers.
- Continually review, challenge, and adapt direction, priorities processes and systems.
- Acutely aware of the commercial plans across the digital portfolio and how the delivery of the Digital Game plan is linked to the outcome.
- Collaboratively lead to ensure that campaign execution and brand propositions are in support of both the financial ambition and brand ambition.
- Proactively participates in Discovery activities, working with relevant digital and IT and business stakeholders to ultimately write user stories that support final designs.
- Ability to synthesize data points across digital marketing, physical product performance, website data to form insight & influence decision making.
Line management responsibility ensuring resource is appropriately managed and acts as leader across the Digital team
Needs to be:
- Able to manage stakeholders at all levels with exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record in dealing with various levels of stakeholders to shape business initiatives from initial concept stage through to delivery and support
- Solid commercial experience in a retail or brand ecommerce environment
- Strong commercial acumen and able to utilise data to make informed decisions to drive performance
- People and team management experience
- Proven experience across a broad spectrum of ecommerce (trading, digital marketing, digital product) working in a matrixed organisation, managing product prioritization, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality
- Data driven, ability to experience of using consumer data to drive decision-making and being willing to question your assumptions on a regular basis
- Use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with analytical / software suites (Google Analaytics, Adobe Analytics, SAP BW)
The must haves:
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of digital experience design
- Appreciation digital marketing planning, execution and growth strategies.
- A natural preference for working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- A team player and with the ability to influence and collaborate across several teams
- Adaptable to respond quickly to competing demands and quick to action changes need to planning process
- Strategic but can have the ability to deliver detailed tactical plans
- A strong negotiator who can influence across multiple divisions, functions and teams
- Proactive and creative thinker who can bring new ideas to the table
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.