Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Help to grow the analytical capabilities of a flourishing digital team by ensuring data, analytics and insight are at the heart of all decision-making.
- Partner with UX, digital product and trading teams to identify and share insight using web analytics, heatmapping, CRM and other business data sources.
- Accountable for the ongoing implementation of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, including documentation and liaison with technical teams to ensure accurate, impactful data collection.
- Prioritise and fulfil reporting requests from the digital product & trading teams, helping maximise online revenue for Pentland. Includes recurring and ad-hoc reporting.
- Deliver statistically robust analyses – be able to convey levels of confidence behind findings for descriptive and predictive reporting.
- Contribute to a central knowledgebase and educational resource on analytics, to inform and persuade stakeholders on how to make the most of analytics.
- Be an expert in and advocate for analytics across the business – be prepared to present and share ideas to wider Pentland audiences, driving interest and usage of analytics.
- Jointly lead Pentland’s CRO strategy – handling the analysis and prioritisation of tests to ensure maximum impact of our digital experiments. Be familiar with Testing and personalisation concepts, and able to create data-informed pillars of the CRO programme.
- Cover all areas of digital; online market, consumer, shopper, business sales/profit, pricing, on-site performance, acquisition, engagement.
- Support quarterly data and insight reviews across the team – across all devices, territories and platforms, (paid, owned & earned)
- Keep abreast of competitor activity – consumer sports brands and functionality they are using to maximise engagement or revenue
- Propose and share data-led approaches to support email segmentation and contact strategy
What you need to have:
- Experience in an analytical role within a digital consumer-facing business.
- Skilled user of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. Should be capable of implementing and managing GA and GTM, including enhance ecommerce. Strong understanding of heatmapping and dashboarding tools.
- Knowledge of statistics and the ability to use statistical methods for business gains.
- Good presentation and communication skills: able to take complex data and translate into simple/easy to understand/meaningful information
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce a plus
- Interest / experience with R, Python or SQL a large plus
- Degree or demonstrable expertise in a numeracy based subject e.g. Mathematics, Physics preferred
What we need to see in you:
- Driven by an insatiable curiosity regarding how we understand our customers and how we do business.
- Able to dig into stated stakeholder / business needs and translate into a clear, actionable analytics brief
- Detail oriented, with an ability to communicate complex data sets and findings to non-technical stakeholders
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.