Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
- Building & management of a phased demand forecast based on multiple internal and external inputs in line with financial targets capturing opportunities and identifying stock risks
- Working with Product management to agree longer term range forecast
- Working with the wider business process from concept to delivery; linking demand forecasts with financial targets and brand goals, and provide a sales forecast for supply to plan capacity & inventory
The role you’d play:
- Working with & supporting account managers to build current orderbook + building of demand forecasts, including identification of sales opportunities or stock risk linked with financial targets and goals
- Create a consolidate demand plan for given brand(s) from own and customer specific demand plans
- Conduct demand reviews with customer teams
- Working closely with the supply chain teams for short, medium & longer range forecasts for logistics, stock and capacity planning longer term capacity planning + shorter term logistics management
- Working with Product management to agree range forecast numbers and reviewing them at each stage gate
- Work closely with the Customer Operations Team to manage the order book, cancelling, moving and phasing orders as necessary vs demand.
- A analysing customer sell-out data
- Ownership of customer sell-out/EPOS uploading, reporting and analysis to wider business, and external customers, taking data from multiple sources and business units
- Create weekly detailed sell-out files for each individual customer, working with relevant teams; sales, demand planning, customer service & customer to fill in any history or data gaps
- Coordinate with IT teams to load into the reporting system (SAP BW)
- Provide best practice and training support to the brand on the sell-out report
- Maintain close relationships with supply, sales and planning & customer operations teams, ensuring that impact of delivery and supply issues on demand plan are captured and reflected and communicated.
- Track demand forecast accuracy and high demand changes
- Flag risks and opportunities, cancellations and at risk orders in IBP process
- Help to define the products and required levels of a core stocked range based on customer data and demand
- Full understanding of short to medium term marketing plans with analysis of previous promotional performance, to understand the impact on demand plans
- Provide SCO level forecasts through sampling and product developers to support supply planners make informed raw material commitments
- Identification of misalignment between orderbook and demand forecast and recommendations of actions to be taken
- Reporting & root cause analysis of the forecast accuracy at time period for their given Brand
- Provide input into developing inventory strategies on existing, new and phasing out of products
The must haves:
- Knowledge of buying processes and forecasting
- Strong skills in Excel spread sheets, and how to manipulate data to produce analysis
- Experience of analysing data and presenting in a format tailored to specific audiences
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Highly planned, organised & methodical
- Positive and have a confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment
- Articulate presenter of options and recommendations (verbal and written)
- Organised and able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Strong team player with the ability to work, create and maintain relationships cross functionally
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.