Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
As a highly driven ideas led Senior Creative Copywriter you will lead copy development in the agency and deliver exceptional integrated creative campaigns for our portfolio of brands.
You will need to understand and interpret client briefs and deliver outstanding original copy. You will be responsible for ensuring the message to the audience is communicated clearly and creatively; strong ideas and communication that builds brand credibility.
- You will collaborate closely with the Associate Creative Directors and Art Directors, in the development of creative marketing concepts and specific executions for multiple consumer touch points (print, digital and retail channels). This includes campaign manifesto’s, moving image scripts, copy for print and web, social content, digital advertising, instore messaging and brand storytelling
- You must be an excellent communicator, demonstrate a proven ability to develop and maintain strong and considered brand voices across print and digital platforms, and have experience in selling in creative ideas both internally and to clients
- Adept at communicating our products' credibility with brevity and present ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our reputation for our brands
- You innately write on a very emotive and human level – bred from human insight you can connect emotionally with people, with strength and authenticity
- In collaboration with the senior team in the agency you will lead creative briefs by interrogating them and highlighting the key creative challenges or opportunities and confidently lead the copy requirements from start to finish
- Passion, fearless and proactive you inspire those around you, including the client and above all drive creative to the highest standard
- You will be responsible for creating and communicating TOV guidelines and upholding them in all brand work
- Support on copy for agency creds decks, award entries and industry thought pieces
The must haves:
- Extensive experience in a reputable creative agency, in-house team with a proven track record of writing copy for sport, outdoor and lifestyle brands
- Be the champion for all Agency copy; Brand development, integrated propositions, editorial, and product propositions.
- You have an insatiable desire to craft copy that can persuade, captivate and entertain
- An understanding and knowledge of integrated brand activation and consumer behaviour in all relevant channels
- An understanding of the commercial environment and ability to contribute creatively to driving sales and growth
- Strong management and leadership skills to oversee the work of other specialists (incl. 3rd parties)
- Able to take and action feedback, rejection and constructive criticism - as well as being able to fight for their ideas
- Take ownership for the QC of all copy leaving the studio - grammar, spellchecking, editing and proofing prior to production
- A good team player, able to work accurately under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to write with speed, consistency, accuracy and creative flair
- Knowledge of SEO and understanding of performance and analytical tools an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Visually aware with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Up-to-date and well-informed about social media, technology and the modern retail landscape
- Strong understanding of creative design principles and processes, and what makes good content perform
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.