- Information Technology
- Pentland Brands
- Permanent Full-Time
- UK-London, Finchley (Global Headquarters)
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As Senior Business Applications Analyst you will:
Work closely with all of Pentland Brands globally to deliver technology and business processes that enable the businesses to achieve their vision and strategies. You will delve into business processes, suggest continuous improvements and/or new initiatives that you will then design, build, test and deliver to the end-user. This is a multi-faceted role that has many opportunities to explore new applications whilst growing the core competency within SAP.
The Finance SBAA role provides insight and recommendations of how to improve and grow as brands through the use of technology. The SBAA advises and leads project teams through the project life cycle to deliver high standard solutions that address technological improvement, business process improvements and change management in their functional area.
- Provide an excellent support to the business in the day-to-day running of the operational business systems across Finance application.
- Supervising the implementation of changes to the system, including those which have a multi-brand and global impact.
- Ensuring a high-quality service and platform through coordinated, robust and multi-brand / global testing, and documentation.
- Involvement in the investigation and planning of training requirements for business users, and team members.
- Ensuring procedures related to identification, changes, testing, documentation, approval and communication of any modification to the system are followed.
What you need to have:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of SAP FICO modules aspects of the project life cycle
- Experience of project planning and project management methods
- Good understanding of the business drivers for which their application is providing support
- Ability to design and configure Finance processes in SAP
- A good appreciation of the processes and issues in other application areas, especially where that area overlaps with their own. (e.g.: SD, MM, BI, eCommerce)
- Ability to design and set-up Integration with other systems (e.g. Concur, WMS, Hyperion, eCommerce etc.) from a FI/CO functional perspective
- Designing detailed business and technical specifications for programming and other resources, both in house and 3rd party
What we need to see in you:
- A good team contributor, working with the other members of the Systems of Record team to set up people and projects for success.
- Pro-active in approach and keen to suggest new and innovative solutions.
- Exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations with various levels of stakeholders.
- Able to work independently, with a confident, assertive and customer focussed outlook.
- Able to combine a flexible approach with a desire to “go the extra mile”.
- Committed to having a continuous improvement mind-set that spans people, processes, technologies and own self.
- Able to work with ambiguity and flexible to accommodate multiple changes in priority.
- Able to deliver quality work and to commit to and meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate positive attitude - go the extra mile, committed, willing to take on challenges and has a can-do mind-set.
- Able to demonstrate energy, drive, enthusiasm, determination and passion.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including ability to conduct formal and informal presentations and workshops with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business.
- Willing to work in different time zones and travel when needed within projects.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.