Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Reporting into the Brand Director ellesse, the Senior Brand Manager will work within the ellesse brand team and will play an integral leadership role in delivering the long-term growth strategy for the brand into its key partners and ensuring global scale and deployment of the annual brand plan. This role will have full accountability for driving and delivering global strategy, key marketing initiatives, seasonal collections across apparel and footwear as well as owning and developing the global collaborations and partnerships for the brand.
- Lead, develop and embed the global brand plan into partners and be the conduit with commercial.
- Active partner management ensuring global alignment across UK/DE/China & US.
- Actively drive key global focus across all license partners in key geographies.
- Develop a clear 12-18mth local and global seasonal programs and brand calendar with clear regular two way
- engagement and joint ownership.
- Specifically embed new brand and product architecture across all key markets and with our lead apparel partners.
- Lead material guide development and codification across product and design ensuring aligned to architecture and brand positioning.
- Lead and develop the critical global brand collaborations and partnerships with our key agency Laird & Partners.
- Lead and manage the annual/quarterly/monthly brand & country engagement, building a robust and engaged business community.
- Own monthly brand commercial meeting ensuring smooth integration of performance and brand programming
- Own the partner engagement and commercial conferences
What you need to have:
- Extensive experience leading across multiple disciplines and within a matrix organisation.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing external partners and agencies.
- A strong background in innovation and leading change.
- In depth knowledge of leading, aligning and embedding programs across commercial teams and key markets.
- In-depth knowledge of core brand building processes from architecture, product dev and business selling cases.
- Experience in developing concepts and marketing toolkits from idea through to full program activation.
- Passion for sneaker, sports and lifestyle culture, and a network of contacts within the industry.
- An ability to learn and understanding of the sportswear trading landscape and industry trends.
- Strong project management and budget management experience.
- Experience managing and nurturing direct reports.
What we need to see in you:
- Strong Leader and Communicator – outstanding written and verbal ability.
- Proven team player - ability to work with a team to achieve both short & long-term goals.
- Self-starter- able to identify work that needs to be done and does it without required instruction.
- Detail oriented- meticulous attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Ability to solve practical problems using reasoning skills.
- Adaptive – Ability to adapt to changes and be reactive to situations as and when required.
- Creative – Ability to think creatively and contribute create ideas to the team.
- Motivated – Ability to apply passion, energy and enthusiasm to the role.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.