Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
To shape, deliver and execute the marketing strategy for Canterbury in UK and Ireland.
The role you’d play:
- The Senior Marketing Manager will set and lead the marketing and manage the development of imaginative and innovative brand campaigns at all consumer touch points, which will build brand awareness, drive footfall/traffic and profitable sales.
- Understand and engage with the Canterbury consumer and ensure that all marketing activity is insightful and relevant, to retain and attract new consumers with leading edge campaigns.
- Own the process of designing the strategy and process for proposition development. Work closely with Insights to ensure the propositions are insight-driven and relevant to the consumer
- Design and deliver the annual brand and marketing calendar and drive engagement through a varied mix, including sales and footfall driving promotions, seasonal launches and brand activations.
- Maintain open dialogue with ANZ and share winning marketing campaigns
- Responsible for the allocation of marketing spend, it is imperative that the strategy is creative and innovative, with a focus that all initiatives deliver a positive ROI. Optimise all marketing opportunities as brand building opportunities and encourage the use of marketing data and analysis throughout the business to help shape future campaigns.
- Develop and manage seasonal brand plans. The plans will have clear, measurable goals and should be aligned with the business objectives.
- Develop a marketing team who are ambitious, creative and consumer insights driven whilst being results focused and commercial.
- Develop and sustain a creative and dynamic working relationship with third parties, agencies and other suppliers, establishing partnerships.
- Own and grow the CSR / Sustainability agenda within Canterbury to help engage more consumers and ensure we are learning and implementing best-in-class strategies and practices
What you will bring:
- A highly ambitious and innovative brand leader, with proven experience of driving commercial growth on the back of impeccable brand execution
- As well as experience of working in a brand-led business, the best candidate will also have worked for a brand with a strong focus on digital and turning consumers into fans through outstanding CRM and social activation
- The successful candidate will be experienced in brand management and in developing and executing a consistent and highly creative brand strategy. He/she will have proven experience of working at a senior marketing level
- Experience of sports a must
- Experience of working in a multichannel retail environment would be welcomed
- Experience of using PR & CSR initiatives to drive an overall brand message
- Confident in leading and managing a marketing team, and able to create a high culture environment and develop all the team members.
- He/she will have proven experience of working within an entrepreneurial organisation, where everyone is hands-on, and where the focus is on getting the job done.
- He/she will have an affinity for the Canterbury brand, including its aesthetics and tone of voice, with the ability to intuitively know how to engage the brand’s target consumer
- He/she will have strong communication/influencing skills to work with the different teams, and to drive alignment across the functions in support of the strategy. He/she will be collaborative in their working style.
- A strong brand campaign builder, with a thorough understanding of the consumer journey through all channels.
- Proven experience of multitasking and leading multiple projects, with the ability to analyse the ROI and effectiveness of campaigns.
- He/she will be able to work cross-functionally and will have excellent collaboration and influencing skills and be able to build and manage relationships internally and externally.
- He/she will have developed and executed proven creative and inspirational marketing / communications plans and campaigns which have delivered results and resonated with the end consumer.