Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
As a Senior Art Director you will manage and lead the creative development and delivery of compelling and commercially effective campaigns for our portfolio of brands.
You enjoy collaborating and have strong ideas and an instinct for what works across art direction, typography and moving image. With your instinctive eye for design detail you will be confident taking ideas from concept to reality. Inspiring and motivating the agency’s clients to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive work.
You will create everything from through the line advertising campaigns, seasonal product stories, branding, social media ideas to instore retail POS
- You will collaborate with Associate Creative Directors, Copywriters, Designers and Producers to lead, develop and deliver creative ideas that engage with our brands target audience
- Very experienced in delivering brilliant ATL and TTL campaigns for both on and offline media
- Proven ability to take ownership from briefing, ideation through to post-production
- A brave creative conceptual thinker who enjoys challenging their own thinking and approach to briefs
- Ability to decipher complex communication briefs into intelligent design/copy and media/ technology solutions
- Proven experience in coordinating and directing high profile photoshoots, with the ability to manage and motivate teams to get the best out of the shoot
- Oversee and review the work of designers providing direction and feedback to ensure creative excellence and consistency
- Adept at developing concepts that adhere to the overarching brands visual identity
- An awareness and understanding of channels and emerging media formats to engage target consumers with specific and relevant creative
- Strong creative approach for video, interactive and user journey experience with proven skills in interaction design, brand and campaign concepting and execution
- Hands on experience with image selection, design, typography, colour, digital layout design, print production
- Experienced in concept and developing original ideas for social and digital activations
- Adept at presenting & selling ideas clearly and concisely to ACD’s and directly to clients
- Experience of writing/storyboarding moving image treatments
- Thorough and detail oriented – especially with shoot bibles / shot lists
The must haves:
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong management and leadership skills to oversee the work of other specialists
- Able to take and action feedback, rejection and constructive criticism - as well as being able to fight for their ideas
- Resilient to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines
- A desire to create work that is brilliant and commercially effective
- You possess excellent aesthetic judgment
- Actively look beyond trends, you must have a strong interest of visual culture
- Willing and able to go above on beyond when pitching ideas to clients
- Approachable and friendly; easy to build strong personal relationships
- Determination to learn and grow
- Energetic, self-motivated, consistently proactive and showing initiative
- Influencing skills demonstrated through knowledge, enthusiasm and positive communication
- Effective negotiator and communicator
- Staying calm under pressure; resilient and positive in difficult situations
- Motivated by operating in a changing, flexible environment
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.