Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
As the Senior Account Manager within Pentland’s in-house creative agency, you’ll report directly into the Head of Client Services with line management responsibilities of an Account Manager and will champion best in class client relations.
You will proactively manage clients by building a trusted partnership by understanding their strategic direction, future pipeline of work and managing how the agency will support them proactively and effectively.
Creatively supporting our family of brands it is important you have good industry experience in aligning brand strategy and creative output, having delivered successful integrated campaigns at varying budgets and used to work in collaboration 3rd party with media and ATL agencies as you will regularly represent both the internal agency and the brand client at cross agency briefings.
You will be responsible for the generation of revenue on projects against the agency’s set KPIs and be able to maximise brand development opportunities at varying budget levels across our client portfolio. You'll be responsible for reporting on project success and evaluation from the agreed KPI’s. Experience from a design/integrated agency background is essential.
- Manage and build long term client relationships (brands and functions) by working in partnership, fostering trust, building credibility and client advocacy at the highest level
- Develop a strategic understanding of the various brands within the portfolio, their challenges, needs and the environment in which they operate to offer effective creative solutions
- As point of contact for your accounts, you’ll need to ensure creative briefs are challenged and well developed and there is a common understanding of objectives between the client and the creative team
- Under the direction of Head of Client Services you will develop strategies for your assigned accounts and provide direction for day to day project teams
- Nurture and foster strong client relationships and build trust at all levels within the organisation
- Manage the interest of the client within the Agency and together with Creative Producer, pro-actively collaborate with the creative team to ensure the development of concepts and productions meet the objectives, budget, timelines and KPIs
- Liaise with your clients on their project and retainer budgets, regularly updating them on project progression and spend to date
- Partner with the creative team to make compelling presentations and deliver ideas and strategies to an audience of diverse business and external stakeholders
- Day to day manage an Account Manager by mentoring them through projects and enabling them to enhance and continually grow their skills
- Lead by example, by supporting career development of your team
Needs to have:
- Financial acumen and flair as you will oversee finance and billing cycles for your clients
- Communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Experience from a design/integrated agency or an advertising background is essential
- Working alongside a planning team would be beneficial
- Experience of people management and all in service of a happy client
- Influencing skills demonstrated through knowledge, enthusiasm and positive communication
- An appetite to fulfil a role that will allow them to work on a variety of brands and functions
Needs to be:
- Approachable and friendly; adept at building strong personal relationships
- Passionate about delivering great creative solutions that are commercially effective
- Energetic, self-motivated, consistently proactive with initiative
- Solution focused with a positive outlook; ability to juggle several projects simultaneously
- Organised, with strong attention to detail and able to manage your time well
- Effective negotiator and communicator
- Calm under pressure; resilient and positive in difficult situations
- Motivated by operating in a changing, flexible environment