Senior Account Manager (Creative)
As an Account Manager within Pentland’s in-house creative agency, you’ll report directly into the Director of Creative and will champion best-in-class client relationships. You’ll build a culture of trusted partnership by knowing their brand and business better than anyone and create the space to produce the very best creative work possible.
You’ll have experience in aligning brand strategy and creative output, having delivered successful integrated campaigns at different budget scales, and be used to working in collaboration with 3rd party with media and ATL. You will be the guardian of the brand’s output and motivated by making great work.
Digital first is critical to the future success of Pentland Brands. We are in an era of digital transformation as we change the way our brands communicate with our consumers. You’ll be in expert in making work that lives across all the channels in our consumers lives – whether that is social or selling.
You’ll have great experience at taking projects from briefing to delivery and apply total rigour to all aspects of the role – whether that’s timings, budgets, resourcing or execution. We believe that process should liberate creativity. Help us build the right processes that allow that to happen – and make sure we deliver on brief, on time and with great work.
Perhaps most importantly, you will be part of building a culture of curiosity, craft and creative energy. The PCA team should feel like the epicentre of creative fizz at Pentland Brands –everyone should want to hang out with us.
The role you’d play:
- Be the go-to person for Endura.
- Lead the Account Management of strategic and creative development of big ideas, and execution of outstanding creative storytelling across all points of contact with the customer.
- Build close and effective working partnerships with our Brands and Functions.
- Ensure a ‘joined up’ cross functional creative process and manage creative development, multi-channel content creation and storytelling.
- Develop a strategic understanding of the various brands within the portfolio, their challenges, audience, needs and the environment in which they operate to offer effective creative solutions.
- Build and own project timelines that take the team from project briefing to delivery.
- Ensure the right talent is allocated at the right time, on the right brief.
- Build a culture of great not good – drive obsessive curiosity and craft throughout the agency. Then champion that throughout the wider organisation.
- Quality control of all the work that leaves PCA and brand guardianship across our brilliant brands ensuring brand consistency and coherence in everything we produce.
- Manage the interest of the client within the Agency and together with Creative Producer, pro-actively collaborate with the creative team to ensure the development of concepts and productions meet the objectives, budget, timelines and KPIs.
- Liaise with your clients on their project and budgets, regularly updating them on project progression and spend to date.
- Partner with the creative team to make compelling presentations and deliver ideas and strategies to an audience of diverse business and external stakeholders.
- Contact report meetings, ensure actions are followed up on. Make sure feedback is delivered / received according to the project plan. Have the confidence to challenge briefs that aren’t in the correct template or haven’t been through the correct process. Push back when feedback isn’t clear or consolidated. Understand what success looks like.
- Work with commercial teams to ensure the content connects from comms to selling channels.
- Work with Director of Creative and Creative Lead to ensure creative development process is clear and effective, supporting the business’s needs, adhering to key deadlines and critical path.
What you’d bring / be:
- Social / digital expertise couple with broader experience that helps shape the work, to get to ideas that are built around consumer behaviour.
- A highly ambitious, inspirational, and innovative account lead who is full of ideas. Driven, curious, enthusiastic, and determined. Not afraid of hard work. Full of fun and ruthlessly efficient.
- Proven experience of developing campaigns with particular emphasis on digital, including websites, and social – from pre-briefing, through strategic development and creative execution.
- Ability to understand client business needs and comms requirements to deliver business objectives.
- Proven experience of working in creative fast-paced medium-sized organisations, where everyone is hands-on and where the focus is on getting the job done to a consistently brilliant standard.
- Strong team player, low in ego with natural collaborative leadership style. Not afraid to challenge.
- Passionate about delivering great creative solutions that are commercially effective.
- Solution focused with a positive outlook; ability to juggle several projects simultaneously.
- Organised, with strong attention to detail and able to manage your time well.
- An effective negotiator and communicator.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and positive in difficult situations. Motivated by operating in a changing, flexible environment.
- Naturally innovative and always curious, able to see the bigger picture and drive transformation.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
PCA is Pentland Brand’s internal creative agency.
We want to build a content factory that powers Pentland’s brands to be the most famous, the most relevant and the most desired. We want to tell beautiful stories about our brilliant brands, stories that bridge between creative communications and creative selling. We need to be ‘chefs at the pass’ for the brands delivering consistency and coherence across all touchpoints. We will have digital baked into everything we do – we will always start with our consumers and then build ideas around their behaviour.
We’re ambitious – we don’t just want to be a content factory; we want to be the best content factory delivering brilliant work at speed and at scale.
We’re curious, we’re creative and we’re hiring.
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Apply for this position