Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As part of the Product Assurance team, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the Sample Room building an enthusiastic and dynamic team to support the needs of technical product development. This facility provides a valuable service to achieve brand business needs, namely working closely with Product Development teams to create prototypes and provide construction solutions to ensure product quality and desirability. The role will be responsible for driving innovation in current prototyping capabilities, considering digital and 3D software whilst establishing a hub of activity for product development within the respective brands.
The role you’d play:
- Champion and Promote the Sample Rooms capabilities and unique resource throughout the business and create an exciting hub for product development activity to deliver and exceed brand requirements
- Drive our understanding of technologies, techniques, and processes with ambition to create IP and competitive advantage
- Promote and publicise the future state of Product Development and sampling through digital and 3D modelling software
- Have clear insight of industry best standard practice, seeking new technological solutions such as digital pattern cutting, 3D printing and other innovative construction methods
- Manage the creation of prototypes, samples, garment patterns and construction guidelines and continually explore best practice to support mainline and technical developments.
- Provide an expert and efficient service of sample production whilst managing the Sample Room Technician and developing the wider product teams prototyping capabilities.
- Manage the Sample Room workload and prioritise sampling requests. Deliver an on time and in full service in accordance with the needs of brands and central innovation
- Manage and support external production partners and suppliers, identify new opportunities to create competitive advantage.
- Manage and monitor the Sample Room material and component inventory and maintain sampling equipment
- Ownership of the prototype/sample/pattern library, both hard and soft goods – creating an ordered and accessible reference point for all product related teams
- Assist the Product Quality Technician in setting product and production quality and performance standards
The must haves:
Degree or equivalent in courses relevant to textile product design and development, or demonstrated industry experience.
- Experience in leading edge contour product creation within or for a global sportswear brand or similar industry and understanding the construction of technical active garments
- Experience in using a broad spectrum of industrial sewing machines, bonding equipment, and understanding of pattern cutting and construction methods to a high standard within or for a global activewear brand or similar industry.
- Awareness and experience in innovating sampling techniques, such as digital pattern cutting and 3D modelling software.
- Experience in the delivery of accurate product samples working in a commercial manufacturing environment including a knowledge of Health and Safety at Work practices
- Experience in establishing and successfully implementing time critical plans and meeting strategic objectives
- Experience of working with advanced product and machine manufacturers and experts from across the globe
- Exceptional technical knowledge of product construction, including latest market developments and knowhow
- Experience in application of computer programs to an appropriate level for the purpose of product development, data management, presentation, report writing and communication
- Proven ability of working with external individuals, institutes and facilities to support prototype and sample development
- Experience of cross functional team working and integration
- Proven strong communication / listening skills with experience in tailoring style and content dependent on the audience as well as understanding cultural differences and requirements
- Ability to work independently in an organised manner to prioritise and multitask whilst maintaining a strong attention to details
- Proven ability to manage and deliver multiple, complex projects on cost, on time and in full
- Proven ability to educate others on technical product manufacture and the various tools employed
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.