Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Pentland is relaunching the Ellesse brand in the US with a specific strategic focus on Footwear. We are looking to recruit an energetic, well rounded professional who understands the footwear market and can help build the Ellesse footwear category in the right distribution channels. The candidate needs to have a minimum of two years of high profile, quality sales experience in the footwear and apparel industry, and will be responsible for:
- Opening new accounts and distribution channels across the USA
- Managing existing retail accounts including but not limited to DTLR/Villa, Shoe Palace, Bloomingdales, Urban Outfitters
- Planning, organising and conducting visits to stores and retailers and building relationships with appropriate personnel
- Tracking account distribution, volume, sales performance and taking action to ensure targets are profitably achieved
- Feed local product requirements back into Product and Design teams, ensuring all brand developments incorporate a US view
- Work on special product marketing projects with key independents and influencers, engaging with marketing team to build compelling propositions
- Build an effective working relationship with Ellesse apparel sales reps and ensure alignment between all
- Maintain customer profiles and contact information with relevant up to date information
- Identify market trends and competitor activity
What you need to have:
- Experience as an area Sales Manager in a branded goods environment
- Solid sales skills and a proven ability in working with retail merchants
What we need to see in you:
- Excellent communicator
- Strategic thinker
- Problem analysis and solving
- Excellent presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Willing to travel
- Awareness of fashion and footwear
Measures of Performance
- Sales targets
- Peer feedback
- Annual Performance Development Review
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.